Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded in January 2006?

Just looking for a peer group to compare stats, successes and frustrations. I have noticed that many other months have threads and we deserve one too. I tried searching and found fifty threads with 'January' and '06' somewhere inside. No title matches.

I have stopped losing weight and am looking to schedule fill number 3. Anyone else at this point? Was it just the jellybeans? Nah.

I keep checking numbers to see how freaky I am, but everyone I talk with was banded years ago. I need some baby bandsters like me. Or maybe being banded 3+ mos makes us 'toddlers'.

Please stop in, say 'Hi!" so we can check up one one another.

Thanks and hope to hear from hoards of New Years bandsters discovering restriction.

That's an understatement P'nut, I know how great you are doing. Silly wabbit shaking head

Sorry I have been avoiding the gfgc. Just hate losing the same five pounds over, and over, and over....

Hey Jack! Love your posts. I agree completely that a plateau is infinitely preferable to a gain. I am just vainly frustrated with the success of others *slapping own hand*. I am working toward restriction and hope that once I find it, my plateau will nose-dive (at the sensible pace of 1-2 pounds per week).

I was banded on Jan 24th. Weight loss has been good. But now my hair is falling out. I have lost about half of it. Luckily I had thick hair but I am so stressed out wondering when it will stop. I had blood work and everyhting was fine. And I am taking all my Vitamins and protien. Guess I just have to wait it out and hopefully it will stop. Sorry to go on and on its just really freaking me out. Jennifer

Hey Morsaille - good idea! I saw February, March, etc., but no January! I was banded January 12 (I think)... right around there anyway. My weight loss has slowed down alot... Feel like I'm working on the same few lbs for forever. I did just get on the scale this morning and dropped into the 170's... like 179.9999999 :-). Things are going fine - I think I've gotten used to the bandster rules for the most part and it's not so hard anymore. I've had 2 fills. First was 1cc which did very little of anything. The second was 2cc's (total) which gave me a TON of restriction. Just in the past week or so, I've noticed that the restriction isn't as much as it was before (which is good I think). Thanks for starting the thread!

JJB - sorry - meant to respond to the Hair loss deal. I haven't had the problem this time, but I was in surgery before and lost almost 1/2 my hair... I think it was a reaction to the anesthesia. I used to stick globs of it to the shower wall just to keep track of how much I was losing. I had a different section of the shower wall for each day of the week. My husband found that disgusting. I was so stressed! After about 8 mos or a year, it stopped and now my hair is pretty much back to normal.

I am having a protien shake every night. I got this powder mix from GNC. And I have been having fish or chicken two times a day. I just cant figure out what to do. I am taking Biotin and a multi Vitamin plus a vitamin for hair, nails and skin. This is all what they gave me at GNC. But I have noticed no difference. Any suggestions are appreciated. If it keeps on for another week or so I will have to get some kind of hair piece. I have also called my dermitologist and they said it is from losing 50 pounds in such short time and it should stop. We will see. Thanks for writing back though. Its nice to talk about it. My husband is sick of hearing about it. Its not his hair falling out though. Jennifer

Aw Jen, I can imagine how you must be feeling. My hair started falling out when I stopped taking my synthroid (stupid me). A beautiful head of hair is important to us gals!

Sounds like you are doing all the right things. You must be getting about 100 grams of Protein a day. My hair hasn't reacted like this, thank goodness, so I don't know what to suggest other than maybe calling a really top notch hair salon and seeing what they might suggest. Try to relax about it too. Stress can cause some pretty extreme things to happen in our bodies, including Hair loss. *hugs*

Thank you. It really does help to have a place where everyone is understanding. I just cant believe I finally start feeling comfortable with myself and now I have to worry about this. I am going to try and be more positive though. I feel guilty worrying about it. I should be thanking god that I am not losing it because of chemo or anything. My aunt is going through that now and I feel horrible for even feeling sorry for myself. I guess I just wish I would have been told that this can happen. I had asked about it and was told that this does not happen with the band.

JJB- I was a hair loser too. It is finally starting to slow down. At its worst I was losing a solid ball the size of my 2 year olds fist every day. Now, I am losing less, but still more than normal. It was almost a good thing for me since my hair has been obscenely thick since I was young. I am sorry you have lost so much. I thought it was the GB people too and not us, now we know better.

Kim- don't mention it, thanks for joining up. It wouldn't feel right without ya. The fill I waited forever for, the one you helped me to decide on, didn't really 'take'. Oh well, next time. Maybe I will be able to bubble soon. Did you end up getting an unfill, or did you just adjust? I had foam throat and they reduced my fill in office. Shucks.

Maybe I will be able to bubble soon.[/Quote]

Ha! LOL!

No, I didn't go for an unfill, but I've lost a little over 10 lbs since then and it seems like it's loosened up a little on its own. I like it much better now that it's loosened up! No more bubbles.....

At this point I still have restriction, but don't have problems with every bite I take.... this is good!

On the hair thing - My hair dresser is the one who told me that lots of people lose hair after anesthesia. If this is what's causing it, then it will eventually stop and your hair will come back! Morsaille - for you and me both, that's a lot of hair coming back - mine's really thick, too! I know we've cut down our eating alot, but since there's no mal-absorption, it seems like if you're taking Vitamins then that shouldn't be the cause of the hair falling out. Dunno though....

Big Centrum every day... Taking a Vitamin really helps the snack cravings. I'll just wait out the hair thing, but poor JJB!

Not sure if I want my hair to grow back all at the same time. Imagine what a years growth will look like on a windy day... I am thinking scary, like a tweaked out mullet.

Banded January 27 by Dr. Grosssbard in Dade City, FL. I have lost 26 lbs and still don't have a fill. I have only lost 8 lbs in the past 2 months. It's kind of frustrating to loose so slow, but Im in this for the long run. I have 60-70 more to go. Next summer I am going to be one hot beach babe!