Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded in January 2006?

Welcome Fran!

Here's to Summertime 2026... Jack will be at goal, I will be pretty darn comfortable with my plateau by then, and YOU will have been voted 'hottest beach babe' 19 years running.

Hiya Fran! It might be time for that fill if you're weightloss has slowed way down. Are you having to rely 100% on your own will power to keep to your diet, or is the band helping you stay full between meals?

This sunday is my 4 month bandiversity with a 40 # loss to date. I have had 2 fills = total of 6 cc in a 9cc (11cm) band. I am losing steady again, had a mini plateau myself. Its been 6-7 weeks since my last fill hoping to hold out till June for another one, not as much restriction, just watching portions and exercising. I too have had lots of Hair loss. Taking Vitamin for hair, Nails & Skin. Also taking Flax seed oil supplement which is good for hair and skin. Have been taking for about 3 weeks and have noticed a big difference, lots of new Hair growth.

Youre in Alaska, Tacwoman? I am SO jealous! Whereabouts in Alaska?

Oh... duh. It does say Anchorage, doesn't it? *blush* I'm still jealous!:)

:bump:

Are there really this few January bandsters? There are more, I know it. So... I will continue to troll until we snag a few more. Didn't I read a post a while ago about 'banding season'? If there is any truth to people getting bands as a resolution there should be plenty of company here.

Not me, I have never been a resolution gal. My banding came about after 2 years of educating myself and my family, failing on a few more programs, and soul searching. January was a coincidence for me. Plus I was rushing to get banded before the Seattle Splash.

Thanks tacwoman for joining in! Glad to hear your hair is coming back in. I used to frequent Anchorage, AK when I was a young'un. Loved it.

Insurance approved me in December so I made my appointment for as soon as I couild. It was cool how it worked out being in Jan though. It was a new start for me. I agree there has to be more Jan bandsters. If you look at other months they are packed. Maybe a lot of people wait until a while after Christmas for money reasons. Oh and my Hair loss is till crazy but my weight loss has slowed down for a week. It is like a pattern. I lose a couple pounds and then it stops for a few days and then does the same thing again. Im not bothered though. As long as im not gaining. I still feel better then I have in years.

Hi all...

Another jan bander ... 26th for me (i think it was anyway :) )...

My weight loss for the pre-op and the 1st 2 months was great ... i have now hit a month of basically up a couple of lbs ... down and couple of lbs ...

Just can't seem to break the cycle...getting agro from the health consultant who works at the place i got my surgery done.

My life on the road doesn't help but is that just an excuse?

I'm basically eating a Protein bar (220cals/16g protein) for Breakfast (maybe a slice of toast too), a pre-made ready meal (designed for banders) for lunch and something light for dinner...

I think i am lacking my Water intake though and i know from past experience that Water helps weight loss especially on a low-carb high Protein diet...so need to start fixing that.

Oh well ... whinge over ... lets keep this thread alive and going.

Cheers

Jamie

I know that for me Water makes a huge difference. If I dont drink enough I dont lose. Im not sure why. But it deffinitly makes the difference. Good luck to you.

Water is probably a huge factor for me too. Since we moved I have been drinking much less. City Water is gross and I just can't bring myself to buy it (or carry it in). Guess I should get one of those faucet filters. I'll ice some up right now since that kills some of the nasty. Glad you could join us Jamie! Welcome everybody!

Sorry you are with me in a stall.

I scheduled a fill for the 30th. It's a wait, but will give me a chance to find and pull myself up by the bootstraps.

hey all!!!!

I haven't been here in awhile...been busy with school. I was banded 1/9 and am finally happy with m restriction. finally starting to lose steadily and cannot wait to start buying clothes again!!!!

Good for you. And dont you love buying new clothes that you actually like? I love clothes shopping now. It is my new addiction. Hubby isnt to happy about that though.LOL

Hey Kim K!

:welcomeB:

I just can't wait to get into the clothes already in my closet! New ones would be a bonus.

Do any of you get pain in the back of your throat? When I drink something to fast that is cold or sometimes just for no reason my throat feels a little swollen in the back. I want to get a fill but I dont want to irritate it more. Just wanted to see if this is normal.

Thank you Morsaille, I had looked for a January thread too.

I was banded January 12, 2006 and I'm happy with my weight loss so far... 57 pounds off since banding, with 66 total gone. I've had two fills with a total of 2.5 restriciton at the present. (Seems a little bit tight, but it's working so I'm okay with it...) I keep track of everything I eat on fitday and usually range from 900-1,100 calories a day.

Jennifer, I was upset about the thinning hair too and started a thread under "complications"... I got very good advice, so you could check it out. I've started using Nioxin Shampoo, conditioner, scalp treatment, and supplements and my scalp and hair actually "feels" better to me after just a week. (At least I feel like I'm doing something postive istead of being upset at the loss.)

Hello to all January bandsters!! I am SO GRATEFUL for everyone's input! This website has been a HUGE BLESSING to me! THANK YOU TO YOU ALL!

JJB, can't say I have the throat thing. Maybe you are just quirky. You are doing great with your weight loss.

Welcome to you too MaryPetunia!!!

Looks like our little group is actually starting to grow a little. I am with you on how much LBT has done for me. I'd be lost... seriously... without everyone here.

What do you guys think?

I have a fluoro fill scheduled for the 30th. Now this will be my third and although the fluoro is nice, I am not sure if I need it. I can get a blind fill for under $200 with a nurse practitioner I have not yet met. The scheduled fill will cost $350. Should I cancel it and stow the extra cash in my daughters savings?