Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Fitness Pal gurus....I have a question for you.

So I have been tracking my food in My Fitness Pal and I love the little pie graph you can look at to see what percentage of your diet is coming from Fat, Protein and Carbs.

My question to you gurus is what percentages do you like to see to keep you losing steadily?

Today I am sitting at 31% from carbs, 26% from fat and 43% Protein. I need to increase my calories but do not want to increase my carbs and fat...so what food has high calories and low fat and carbs?? LOL tree bark? I am having a REALLY hard time eating 1000 calories and I want to try to hit that every day with limited carbs. I have done Atkins type menus in the past but its so easy to eat high fat foods and I don't want to do that either.

So...what are you all eating??? How many calories and grams of protein are you eating each day?

I've always felt that it all boils down to calories. I use MFP for tracking my calories and grams of Protein. I try & stick to 1,000 calories, and at least 60 grams of Protein. In order to meet my daily protein intake, eating a lot of high fat/high carb foods probably won't get me there. There are some exceptions; things like Beans, which are carbs, but they're high in protein.

I think the best thing to do is focus on your daily calories and protein. If you're eating a lot of high fat protein foods, you're going to run out of calories pretty quickly. Nuts are a good example. They're healthy and have some protein, but the fat makes them a high caloric food. You have to play around with what you like, and see how much bang for your buck you get out of it. Stick to your daily allotment, make healthy choices, and make sure you stay satiated throughout the day.

I am a big fan of MFP, but I have to say that I honestly don't use the pie chart as a basis for my daily eating. My goal is 60-80 grams of Protein daily. I try to amp that up if I've had a really hard workout. I don't pay attention to the other numbers except total calories. You can easily focus way too much on finding the magic number (just like the elusive "green zone") and not learn how to make your new lifestyle work.

I eat about 1200 calories per day, drink lots of Water, exercise every other day and honestly log everything I eat. That's what works for me. No magic number, no magic wand, just hard work.

That being said, I almost three years out from surgery and still actively losing since last August when I discovered MFP. Add me as a friend-there are lots of LBT positive supporters on there! rkimom is my user name.

Calories are definitely not created equal for this body! But I guess if i just focus on Protein and calories that might work except that today I have had 92 grams of Protein, 25g fat, 68g of carbs and I am only at 894 calories. 92 grams if protein and Im still pretty far from my calorie goal. If I eat that much protein consistently I would never go #2!! Lol I appreciate everyone's input!!

I can't figure out how to add friends on mfp without an email address.