Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Early june 2013 banders?

Checking in- I have been Mia:( had surgery on June 13 and had my first fill today. My band was placed empty and she put 1.4cc in it. I have lost 16.8 pounds. I was hoping for more altogether but am reminding myself that I could not have lost this much in a month by myself:)

Remember, the avg is 1-2 ponds a week. Don't rush it. You are doing great!

If it is working' date=' don't mess with it![/quote']

I agree, but I'm starting to get hungry quicker and quicker. I think all of the swelling has finally gone down. Lol!

Had to share! I will be a month post op tomorrow. Had my first fill this past Wednesday and got on the scales this morning and finally made it over the 20 pound mark:))) down 21 pounds now!!!

Yay!!!! Congratulations! Are you back to regular food yet? Wondering how different you feel while eating.

I agree' date=' but I'm starting to get hungry quicker and quicker. I think all of the swelling has finally gone down. Lol![/quote']

What are you eating, how much and how often?

What are you eating' date=' how much and how often?[/quote']

I'm sticking to mostly Proteins, veggies, and whole grains if I eat carbs. I'm keeping my portions small and I stop when I'm no longer hungry. That's not a problem. But I'm not getting nearly 4 hours of satisfaction. My tummy is growling within 2 or 3 hours. My other reason for wanting a little fill is that it is too easy to over eat if I choose to. I've found that I can still eat big bites and quickly. This is bad for me and I'm looking forward to being forced to slow down a little.

I'm sticking to mostly Proteins, veggies, and whole grains if I eat carbs. I'm keeping my portions small and I stop when I'm no longer hungry. That's not a problem. But I'm not getting nearly 4 hours of satisfaction. My tummy is growling within 2 or 3 hours. My other reason for wanting a little fill is that it is too easy to over eat if I choose to. I've found that I can still eat big bites and quickly. This is bad for me and I'm looking forward to being forced to slow down a little.

Same for me Solson8201. I am having a hard time not eating between meals. I am also finding myself fighting the urge to eat quickly. Former teacher habit (and subconscious trick to be able to eat more of the yummy bad-for-you food that got me here in the first place). I've been on vacation for the past two weeks. We'd often find ourselves out around a meal time. I tried to be as good as I could. I had a really, really hard time not drinking during the meal. Somehow, I managed to miss seeing the "don't drink 1 hr before or after a meal" instructions from my doctor. Oops. Started that today.

Going for my first fill today! Wish me luck.

Good luck! Can't wait for my first fill also.

All done! It didn't hurt at all. Now on liquids for 4 days :-(

Just came from my first fill was banded on June 14th and am down 35 without any restriction. My Dr, brought me up to 5cc, but after the X-ray he felt I was a little to tight, so he brought me down to 4.7cc. Now for 2 days of Clear Liquids and at least 2 days of full liquids. I'm ready for another jump and restriction as my loss has really slowed down since going on soft foods. Sounds like the Junie's are doing great. Off to support group... Take care!

Yay, yay, yay!!! For both of you :-)

How's everybody doing?? I'm still trotting along:) had surgery June 13th and as of today am down 36.2 pounds. Not been easy. I have had 2 fills so far. I have a total of 2.8cc's in my band and feel like I'm getting no help from it yet. Just really been sticking to my calorie limit and getting my Protein in. Still overall pleased with my progress! Hope all of you are doing well! Would love to hear some updates!