Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Early june 2013 banders?

Yes .. Me too..so sick of liquids . I was happy to go on full liquids from clear but now a week later ...ugh . Just want to chew something . One more week of full and then 3 days puréed .. I will do it .. But this is a diet.. Soo hungry .

Went to the doctors for my follow up .. And will have a fill in 5 weeks so I guess I better get used to being hungry .. Only good thing is seeing the scale go down every day. Down about 15 since starting the preop about 30 total from consult .

I went off all pain meds when I left the hospital since I thought that what was causing the n/v for me. It worked. Continued good luck to everyone .

Ok Junies, here is something fun we need to do. I read another thread this morning about people naming their bands as they have become so close to them. So, I've thought long and hard about this and here is my decision. At first I felt my band should be a girl, so I was really leaning toward Hermione as she is the voice of reason always in Harry Potter. But...I realized that my journey with this band will probably not always be as good as Hermione is, so I decided on Tyrion. You Game of Thrones fans will understand that he is little but mighty, good and bad, but ultimately always trying to do what is right for the Kingdom. Sooooo.....what will you name yours????

Ok Junies' date=' here is something fun we need to do. I read another thread this morning about people naming their bands as they have become so close to them. So, I've thought long and hard about this and here is my decision. At first I felt my band should be a girl, so I was really leaning toward Hermione as she is the voice of reason always in Harry Potter. But...I realized that my journey with this band will probably not always be as good as Hermione is, so I decided on Tyrion. You Game of Thrones fans will understand that he is little but mighty, good and bad, but ultimately always trying to do what is right for the Kingdom. Sooooo.....what will you name yours????[/quote']

I've read this on other threads as well. That will be a hard decision.

Had my first real hard day today. We had friends over for lunch and then had a crazy afternoon and ended up ordering pizza for kids and husband. Pizza is my all time favorite. I had Protein Drinks and Soup. I just stress-ate some sugar free Jello. Ugh. First time I wished I could just forget everything and eat. But, I guess that's what got me "here" in the first place, eh? Feeling pretty low today, I guess.

Had my first real hard day today. We had friends over for lunch and then had a crazy afternoon and ended up ordering pizza for kids and husband. pizza is my all time favorite. I had Protein drinks and Soup. I just stress-ate some sugar free Jello. Ugh. First time I wished I could just forget everything and eat. But' date=' I guess that's what got me "here" in the first place, eh? Feeling pretty low today, I guess.[/quote']

Well don't feel low anymore, you resisted! Get on that scale and see if it went down yesterday. That would make it even more worth it. Soon enough you'll be able to have a piece of pizza, or at least the toppings :-) Remember, you don't have to give up everything forever. That's why we didn't get gastric bypass. Everything in moderation and within our calorie limits. And if that means a little pizza every once in a while, then that's ok. Just not until the Doc says so :-)

How did he take the steri strips off? My doc said they would come off on their own' date=' but when I try to pull a loose one it hurts! Did he just yank them? Or did he do something to loosen them? After taking off the gauze and that horrible plastic bandage, I'm not going through that pain again :-)[/quote']

Trust me.... Don't pull steri strips even if they feel close to ready.

Hello! I haven't posted anything for a while' date=' but I'm glad to be back! I'm just a little over 3 weeks since I've had my surgery! I've lost 28 lbs and I'm so excited about it. I wanted to ask if anyone else has had issues with their immediate family or close friends nagging them about being on a diet before your first fill? My mother is constantly on me about what I can and can't eat( right now I can eat a normal diet, just no tough meats), has anyone else had this issue? How do I handle this and make her understand? Thanks![/quote']

Yes. I snapped at my mother at a party last week when someone offered me food, before I could get a word out, my mom yells in front of everyone "she can't have that". I regret telling people already. I'm an adult, I think I can decide. Good luck

Ok I know that the first few weeks you are heali g and weight loss should not be on ur mi d as much- how ever I was doing so good and now I haven't lost anything in 3 days. I have stayed under my calories- under 1000- I know yesterday my choices weren't good but picked it back up today. I am 11 days out from surgery and am soo close to 20 pounds I can taste it. Anyone else experiencing a stall or is it just me?

Ok I know that the first few weeks you are heali g and weight loss should not be on ur mi d as much- how ever I was doing so good and now I haven't lost anything in 3 days. I have stayed under my calories- under 1000- I know yesterday my choices weren't good but picked it back up today. I am 11 days out from surgery and am soo close to 20 pounds I can taste it. Anyone else experiencing a stall or is it just me?

Me too. I think as we add more calories out bodies are going to stall a little bit. I was used to 800 a day during pre-opp, then right after surgery even less. Give it some time, we'll get there.

I'm 21 days out, lost 21lbs.... And do seen to have slowed down a lot. Hoping I have consistent weight loss to keep me feeling encouraged

My Dr said be prepared to stop losing or even gain once you start eating real food. Once you get into "the green zone" it will start coming off again. He said 2-4 fills is a good estimate. I've lost 24 lbs @2 wks post op. I'm afraid to weigh now that I'm eating mushies!! :-0 I guess this is all part of the journey. I hope everyone is doing well!!

My complaint for today?? "My back is killing me!!!" Anyone else? Haha!!

My Dr said be prepared to stop losing or even gain once you start eating real food. Once you get into "the green zone" it will start coming off again. He said 2-4 fills is a good estimate. I've lost 24 lbs @2 wks post op. I'm afraid to weigh now that I'm eating mushies!! :-0 I guess this is all part of the journey. I hope everyone is doing well!!

My complaint for today?? "My back is killing me!!!" Anyone else? Haha!!

Thanks for some reassurance. I have gained 1.2 pounds since Saturday. I don't want to go back in that direction!!! I get my first fill July 10. I have worked too hard to get this little bit off- I don't want to go back!

After reading the latest discussion in this thread, I've decided to stop stepping on the scale every two minutes! I enjoyed watching the "needle" drop down, but agree with the others - I've worked too hard to watch it inch back up. Even though I'm on full liquids, I'm eating a more varied diet than pre-op, so it figures I'd probably gain a bit. My dr told me to only step on the scale once every two weeks. That was really meant for when we start getting the fills, but....

I'm doing better in the mood department. My husband and I agreed that we need to scale back the "inviting people over to eat" thing until I'm eating real food. :) I still can't wait to eat some real food. Never thought I'd miss chewing this much!!!!

I just can't comprehend how we can gain from eating healthy! 4 weeks ago I was eating pure junk food a lot! I'm so proud of my changes and I guess I expect if I change.... My wt will too. But sounds like that's not necessarily going to happen. I will take slow for a great end result...good luck everyone

Any suggestions for mushy foods? I'm just not brave enough to take the family dinner and put it in the blender :-/ I bought some hummus, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, rutabagas, pudding, and yogurt. Am I missing anything?