Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Early june 2013 banders?

Mine wanted me to wait a week too, but I can't. I train teachers over the summer and we only train 4 weeks out of the summer. We are short on trainers this year, so if I backed out they would have to cancel those sessions. It shouldn't be too bad, I train with a partner so I'll only be "on" about 3 of the six hours. And I can sit whenever I need to. I'll still take the prayers though :-)

How are you doing on day 3? You're so right everyone there was nice' date=' it was a great experience. I'm doing pretty good. I've found a comfortable position - half sitting/half laying. Most of my pain is from gas, minor in my stomach area. Drinking well.[/quote']

How are you doing Kim? I hope you're feeling well today.

Mine wanted me to wait a week too' date=' but I can't. I train teachers over the summer and we only train 4 weeks out of the summer. We are short on trainers this year, so if I backed out they would have to cancel those sessions. It shouldn't be too bad, I train with a partner so I'll only be "on" about 3 of the six hours. And I can sit whenever I need to. I'll still take the prayers though :-)[/quote']

Good luck tomorrow... I'm not sure I would be ready for work tomorrow. Sounds like you're doing great.

I'm doing good, haven't had any pain meds. Been sipping on Clear Liquids. Being lazy, letting my body heal.

Hope everyone is doing good!! We are on our way!

Finally feeling better. Banded last Wednesday june 12th... And I am so jealous of all the easy stories . I am very active but it was tough.. Pain and nausea and vomiting kept me in the hospital for 2+ days so wasn't too happy with that . First day and half only ice chips was awful .but have been on full liquids last two days . Much better .. Hungry though. Can't wait till soft foods.

But today is day 5 and other than sore muscle pain I feel good. Going to attempt work tomorrow .. Since there is only so much Netflix a person can watch ;)

Happy all are doing well .

Finally feeling better. Banded last Wednesday june 12th... And I am so jealous of all the easy stories . I am very active but it was tough.. Pain and nausea and vomiting kept me in the hospital for 2+ days so wasn't too happy with that . First day and half only ice chips was awful .but have been on full liquids last two days . Much better .. Hungry though. Can't wait till soft foods.

But today is day 5 and other than sore muscle pain I feel good. Going to attempt work tomorrow .. Since there is only so much Netflix a person can watch ;)

Happy all are doing well .

I thought my nausea was bad, I'm so sorry it kept you in for 2 days :-( Glad you're feeling better now though. I'm going to work tomorrow too. Hope it goes well for both of us :-)

Hi Junnies I'm new and I had my surgery Friday. My stomach is getting softer but until afew hours ago it has felt hard as a rock on the outside.Im constantly having to sip Water and broth and have had a couple of hunger episodes.i was able to overcome them mentally and with fluids but I want to chew and swallow! I suppose I will have to work hard to overcome this instinctive habit.Pain is going away but swelling of abdomen area is still great.

Ice chips are awesome for the chew factor!! I even crushed ice in my blender with Gatorade. Yum!!

Hi To all of my fellow June Banders:) I just had mine done 06/13/13. It's only been a few days, But I am so excited to start my journey.

I attempted to sleep in bed last night( I had been sleeping in the recliner). I didn't sleep worth a flip. I was constantly awake and asleep. Sore in my shoulders. Will this stupid gas ever go away? So I'm up way to early and back in my recliner hoping to doze a bit more. Good luck to everyone venturing back to work today! Take it easy!

Ice chips are awesome for the chew factor!! I even crushed ice in my blender with Gatorade. Yum!!

I will have to try that! Gatorade and Ice in a blender, sounds good:)

I am at a point of hunger:( surgery was Thursday and I have had Water, apple juice, Jello, and chicken bouillon but at this point my stomach is making all kinds of noises and I am extremely hungry. I would love to be able to mix a Protein Shake right now!

Everybody's instructions are different. I was told to have Protein Shakes as soon as I can tolerate. I have about 2-4 oz at a time. They make me very full!! My goal today is to at least get in 30grams. I felt so weak yesterday.

I called the surgeons office and I cannot do mixed Protein Drinks. Hubby ran out and bought me some Isopure. I can do that. I've heard it's nasty but right about now I have got to so something. I still have 3 days til week 1 is over. I started having pain in my lower left side- my mom thinks its from the gas so I have chewed 2 more gasx and have a heating pad on it. Having a hard day today:(

I'm having a hard day, too. More pain than anything else. Don't know if it's gas pain or surgery pain. I don't know if I overdid things yesterday or not. I was told that I should have 2 Protein drinks a day + "anything through a straw". I have been taking pain meds, but thought I was doing better and could cut them out. I wish I could take one now, but I have to go and pick up kids and the meds make me very loopy.

I also think I'm fighting a cold (unless congestion/drainage) is part of the recuperation process. Coughing and sneezing just about kill me!

Hi All, thanks for all of the well wishes; banding on Friday went well. Today is the first day that I've felt like getting up and about. Solson8201, Melly2513, Time4Kim glad to hear you all are doing well post op.