Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Early june 2013 banders?

So' date=' three of us tomorrow, right? Good luck to us all. So glad to hear that the other that have gone in the past week are doing well. Love to hear the "easy" recovery stories! Wishing easy recoveries for all of us! I'm just anxious to get started. I want to get past the "anything through a straw" phase and mushy food phase. Ready for the journey to begin.[/quote']

Melly - how did yours go?

Good luck Time4Kim!! You'll do great! The folks at Memorial Hospital were awesome' date=' so no worries :-) Can't wait to hear from you.[/quote']

How are you doing on day 3? You're so right everyone there was nice, it was a great experience. I'm doing pretty good. I've found a comfortable position - half sitting/half laying. Most of my pain is from gas, minor in my stomach area. Drinking well.

How are you doing on day 3? You're so right everyone there was nice' date=' it was a great experience. I'm doing pretty good. I've found a comfortable position - half sitting/half laying. Most of my pain is from gas, minor in my stomach area. Drinking well.[/quote']

Day 3 is pretty good. Pain is minimal, I'm just using Tylenol. The gas gets pretty bad sometimes though. I took off the gauze bandages today, holy crap that was painful. Lol! I drank a shake this morning and I'm working on a bottle of Vitamin Water. It's hard though because I'm not hungry at all. I'm glad everything went well for you and India, maybe when we get to full fluids next week we can all meet at Planet smoothie or smoothie King. :-)

Day 3 is pretty good. Pain is minimal' date=' I'm just using Tylenol. The gas gets pretty bad sometimes though. I took off the gauze bandages today, holy crap that was painful. Lol! I drank a shake this morning and I'm working on a bottle of Vitamin Water. It's hard though because I'm not hungry at all. I'm glad everything went well for you and India, maybe when we get to full fluids next week we can all meet at Planet smoothie or Smoothie King. :-)[/quote']

Great to hear. I'm not looking forward to taking the bandages off :(. Sound like a great plan we can swap war stories.

Melly - how did yours go?

Surgery went well. I was supposed to have the surgery at 9, but it didn't happen until almost 11. 4 hours total with nothing to do - boring! My husband was there, but he had to drop kids off at day camps. Pain is getting less and less. I needed my husband to help me get out of bed this morning! Haven't eaten much today, Water, Boost for Breakfast, and 5oz of yogurt so far. I'm scared about overeating (especially at the beginning). I put some unflavored Protein powder in the yogurt.

I think meeting up somewhere would be fun!

Lots of gas moving around today:( feel like I have a big burp that I can't get out. Haven't taken any pain meds since 430 this am. I haven't braved my bed yet. My recliner has been my friend. I have slept in it the past 2 nights. I'm still keeping ice packs applied. Haven't had a bm yet but I haven't ate anything- just sipping on Water, apple juice and today I had a cup of chicken bouillon. Cabin fever is gettin to me.

Glad your all doing well! Gas pains are terrible, but they don't last forever. Hang in there :)

How many pounds were you.. I wonder if its truth if you not like in the upper 2 s you can only loose about 4 pounds.. liquids for 5 days.. No way 4 pds

Question, I have been advised by my nutritionist and surgical coordinator that I do not need to do a pre-op diet except the day prior to only have Clear Liquids. It seems as if everyone is on a pre-op liquid diet. Am I the only one that surgeon doesn't require that? And if that's the case, I'm wondering why?

I started doing the shakes and broth anyway to try and get ready for the post-op and hope to shrink my appetite .

I still wonder if anyone else was told this and why don't I need to have the pre-op diet ??

I didn't have to do the pre-op either, but the day before i did all liquids out of fear I would go to the bathroom on the operating table, lol!

My Dr didn't require one either!! Just liquid dinner the night before. I thought it was strange too. But I'm 5 days post op and not having an issue with the liquids. I'm not very hungry at all!!

So 4 am seems to be the time I am waking up for a bit. Got up walked and refilled ice packs. Def feeling more sore around the port area today. Stomach is def growling right now.

So 4 am seems to be the time I am waking up for a bit. Got up walked and refilled ice packs. Def feeling more sore around the port area today. Stomach is def growling right now.

I thought my stomach was growling too so I opened a Protein Shake. I've taken 3 sips and don't feel like drinking any more, so I think the grumbling is gas. I don't have much pain today. Hopefully I'm on the upside of recovery because I go back to work tomorrow :-/

I thought my stomach was growling too so I opened a Protein shake. I've taken 3 sips and don't feel like drinking any more' date=' so I think the grumbling is gas. I don't have much pain today. Hopefully I'm on the upside of recovery because I go back to work tomorrow :-/[/quote']

Yikes you are going back tomorrow! Good luck I will be praying for you! I was going to go back on Tuesday but my surgeon advised against it so I'm out until Thursday. I go back and see him Wednesday. I'm an office manager so my job isn't strenuous at all. Be careful!!!