Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Old band new fill STUCK

Hi guys

Need help!!! I was banded Nov 2011 and just recently got filled, never had restrictions not one pound lost (all my fault).

I consider this my beginning since before there was really no changes but anyways I was suppose to be on liquids but I did not pay attention and now I am in so much pain, should I just stop eating completely? I think I have something stuck but it doesn't come up I tried to throw up but nothing happens maybe I'm too tight? I don't know!!! Please I need advise what do I do??! I still feel hungry

First, what did you eat to get stuck?

Most stuck episodes last about 30-60 minutes and the food passes. But it depends on what you're stuck on?

How can you be in so much pain and still hungry?

I was eating pulled pork, thought it was safe small pieces chewed well... I know it sounds weird but its been almost 24 hours with no food everything I eat which has only been Soup and Water hurts like hell and I stop after two or three spoonfuls

First, go back to liquids only for at least 24 hours to give your stomach time to calm. It's now likely very irritated and swollen from getting stuck and needs time to relax.

Second, do NOT try to make yourself vomit. Ever. You should be avoiding vomiting at all costs because it can and will lead to slips.

Third, if this continues, call your doctor.

Best wishes.

This is your second chance and you are really lucky to get it. Follow your doctor's guidelines if you want to succeed. If you are supposed to be on liquids you have no business eating solids.

This is your second chance and you are really lucky to get it. Follow your doctor's guidelines if you want to succeed. If you are supposed to be on liquids you have no business eating solids.

You are absolutely right and this is why I have a weight problem, but the fact is I'm still stuck and don't know what to do

I was stuck really bad ONCE and it lasted more than 8 hours...Pain, heartburn, vomiting, you name it. I couldn't even keep Water down. Eventually it did pass, had heartburn in the throat the whole next day. I did go to see my doctor (the next day) and was reprimanded for waiting the next day. Now I know not to wait...and for what? It's your body so please make the right decision about what is right for you. I hope you will be ok...

Hi guys

Need help!!! I was banded Nov 2011 and just recently got filled, never had restrictions not one pound lost (all my fault)your recent Fill seems to be the problem, post-fill's can and do cause problems simlar to being stuck. Previous idea of going to liquids post fills on ALL fills is a good idea.

I consider this my beginning since before there was really no changes but anyways I was suppose to be on liquids but I did not pay attention and now I am in so much pain Pain, is pain no matter what the cause, a slight un-fill seems appropriate, call your doctor. should I just stop eating completely? I think I have something stuck but it doesn't come up I tried to throw up but nothing happens maybe I'm too tight? I don't know!!!

Please I need advise what do I do??! I still feel hungry​ being stuck or too tight will still leave you feeling hungry especially if you've been eating prior to the pain. Vomiting can and does produce complications, slip, esophageal issues. etc.. try to relax, talk to the Doctor and Hopefully things will get better.. Most of us have been there "done that" it's why were here.

NO ONE is perfect..please keep us updated

Call your dr!! They may have to unfill you or will at least be able to tell you what to do. Hope you get it resolved quickly!