Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If you have a 10cm/4cc band...

1.4cc in mine, I had 1, then .3, then .1.

I dont really have a lot of restriction. I can eat less than I used to and I cant just gorge on bread or meat, I have to eat those carefully but its served me just fine so far, however I think I am getting to the point where I need a tiny bit more, I'm losing very very slowly over the last month - in fact the only reason I havent gained is probably because I'm doing so much exercise.

I went to the doc last week and had lost 2.7kg over the previous month so he didnt want to fill me and I didnt really want to be any more filled, but that was so much less than the month previously and I havent lost any more since last week.

I do waver on this, I dont want to be any more filled than I have to be but I didnt get the band to not then use it.

I have 1.6 in my 4 cc band and I have restriction. My first fill was 2cc and it was fine at first but then on day 4 I called and had some removed. I was so tight that Protein Shakes came back up. He took me back down to 1.25 and that was great. Then I had another fill at christmas and it was back to 2.0, again too tight. Back to 1.6 and it was great. I have been at 1.6 since Christmas and I still have great restriction, I can't eat Pasta, rice or bread. I eat 2 good meals a day and a shake for Breakfast. ~Mandy

It is crazy how different we all are!! Some ppl are fine with .5 of a cc and others need to be completely filled is seems to get restriction. I have a feelnig I am going to be in the latter group. I had my first fill in my 4cm band last Monday and my doc was fairly agressive, filling it 2ccs. But to my dismay, I am still EXTREMELY hungry all of the time and can get anything down with no trouble at all.:eek: But I will wait another couple of weeks just to make sure it doesn't kick in late and then will go back and ask for another cc and see if that helps. I am still losing weight b/c I make myself stop eating but I cannot wait until I feel some restriction and the band does more of the work. :eek:

~Liz~

banded 03/10/06

Dr.Ariel Ortiz

237/209/150

5/7''

I'm at 2.7cc and only on my second fill. It's fairly tight and I concidered an unfill but the doctor told me to wait for my next appointment.

I guess he's right since I'm doing better the week then I was last week.

I think if you have more to loose you can get by with less fill.... I had "no restriction" at all from the band alone like some people get.

Thankfully, I'm just getting back to an approx 2.75 or 2.8 fill in my 4cc band. (This took finding a new fill doc, but I'm glad to limp back to some real restriction!) I feel a HUGE difference in how much I eat (or don't eat, rather) and it's easier to control carbs at this restriction.

I lose weight best at the over 2.5 range, so for the 6 months that I've been under that fill amount, I barely lost a few pounds total and have stayed in the same range of 3 pounds up/down. HOW IRRITATING!

I do keep a higher amount of fill partly because I've been banded so long (5 yrs) and also because often as you get to a lower weight and BMI, it sometimes takes a bit more fill to jump start things. My surgeon agrees that some of his higher weight/higher BMI patients can keep less fill, but as they get lower in weight they require a bit more. Go figure!

Now hopefully, I can finally get to work on getting my BMI under 30 for once.

Wish me luck.

Happy Band Journeys To All...

I had my first fill last week, It was 1cc, I don't know what size band I have, but thanks to this forum, I will have a question to ask my doc on my next fill. I don't feel much restriction from when I didn't have the fill. I am calling the office to schedule dor 2nd fill soon as my 4 week waiting period is up. It seems my weight lost has plateaued:confused: , or I just hate my lying scale.:eek:

p.s: I got myself a cute little tickler too...Im catching on fast.:eek:

weight.png

I have 1.75 cc's in my band. I get golf balls every day so its teaching me to slow down.

I was wondering if I had enough restriction because yesterday I ate a burger, like the size of a junior whopper. Thats all I ate though, couldn't eat any more but wondered if that was to much. I think my restriction is good and that its just head issues I'm struggling with (eating crap between meals).

I dunno? but I'll give it more time before I rush for another fill.

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

I am at 7.1cc with the VG band(10cc band) I have pretty good restriction now.

4/20/06 1st fill: 2.0cc

6/6/06 2nd fill scheduled.

Right now good restriction. Have trouble with things like turkey sausage and get a "golfball" pretty frequently from not going slow enough. But can still eat whole wheat Pasta. And I'm only eating about 1/4c 4x a day. My scale has slowed, so I probably need to eat 5x a day because I don't think I'm getting enough calories in.

:eekB: Kristin