Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Balancing act, why wont it drop?

Sigh...

Those of you who know me, know I hit 183 then all this mess happened and I had to get unfilled twice now. Well I seem to be doing good this time no indjestion pb's slimes etc

The thing is with out a fill for basicly 4 months cause I was filled then unfilled for 7 weeks then filled then unfilled again 3 weeks later for 2 months. I gained 17 fricken pounds...

Now Im balancing on the 200 mark will it go up or down? Ive had my fill now almost 3 weeks and can eat the right amount doing my exersize Water etc the darn thing wont move!

Normally its like this for me 3 weeks nota then wham -5 pounds but I was really hoping to hurry up and get back to 183! where I was!

just letting of some stress steam...

Any ideas?

Also I need to find something that does not make you gasy but will help me go~ you know I gotta go~ but things seem to have come to a hault :P

Arrrg

Re-evaluate yourself, then kick it up a notch.

Are you writing down what you eat? Sometimes we think we are eating right but those hidden calories can add up fast.

How many calories are you eating per day? If you're not eating enough, you might be slowing down your metabolism. Are you aiming for 800-1,000?

How much Protein? Are you getting in your minimum of 60 grams per day? Are you eating your Protein first? Or are you eating more carbs?

How much Water are you drinking? Check out this article: http://www.inch-aweigh.com/water.html

Are you alternating your exercises? Cardio/strength training etc? Sometimes just a change in what you do can trigger a jump start in the weight loss.

You know all the right things to do. That's why you've had such great success so far. Just take a step back, regroup, and hit it hard again! You'll tip to the lower side of that 200... I know you will!

How ironic. I just got this newsletter from BeachBody.com. I thought it very applicable.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=532 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=defaultBB vAlign=top width=532 bgColor=#ffffff>Issue #200

April 26, 2006 <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width=464 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=72></TD><TD width=376>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><HR width="100%">

"Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it."

Russell Baker

<HR width="100%">6 Quick Tips to Tip the scale in Your Favor

By Denis Faye The annals of Beachbody are filled with Success Stories, which is probably why you buy our products. But what happens when, no matter how hard you Push Play, and how fascist you get with what you put in your mouth, that scale just won't budge? Usually, you get mad, you swear, you throw the scale at the television, then settle down for a tub of Ben & Jerry's and a good cry. Well, dry your eyes, little darlin'. Odds are you can solve the problem easily. Following one of these six solutions should earn you a ticket on the Tony train to Fitsville.

1. You Aren't Losing Weight 200_measure.jpgThe problem: When you exercise, you gain muscle, which weighs more than fat. If you're really getting a lot out of an exercise regimen, oftentimes, the first four or five weeks will find you losing fat and gaining muscle at a similar clip, so it appears you're not losing.
    The solution: Use a tape measure to chart progress. That will give you a truer representation—and remember, muscle gain levels out quickly. The change is probably right around the corner.
  2. You're Eating the Wrong Things 200_produce.jpgThe problem: Especially in this shove-it-down-your-throat consumer society, knowing the right way of eating the right things is tricky. There are lots of foods that are supposed to be good for you, yet actually work against you if you're trying to lose weight. The classic example is fruit juice. Great stuff, full of Vitamins, but also devoid of Fiber, so drinking a glass is basically a couple hundred calories of sugar Water from a weight loss perspective.
    Another example is Peanut Butter. Fats are highly caloric, meaning a little goes a long way and a lot goes too far. When the nutrition facts say a tablespoon is 100 calories, that means one flush tablespoon. Any amount of heaping can quickly double, triple, or quadruple the calories.
    The solution: Go through your diet with a fine-tooth comb, questioning anything that's not whole fresh produce, whole grains, or lean Protein. If you need help, pop over to the Beachbody.com Message Boards and ask the Advice Staff.
  3. The Daily Cheat 200_sweets.jpgThe problem: This is sort of a subset of the above dilemma. You eat like a monk all day, but you tell yourself you deserve one daily reward. A candy bar, a Coke, chocolate, a bag of chips—maybe even something that doesn't start with the letter "C." As far as we're concerned, you deserve anything your heart desires, but will that help you lose weight? No. It doesn't seem like much, but that daily cheat can cause all kinds of problems. It can cause a sugar spike. It can send your fat percentage through the roof. It might just be those extra 300 calories that are holding you back.
    The solution: Treat yourself once a week instead.
  4. You're Not Eating Enough 200_eatmore.jpgThe problem: I know, I know, logic dictates that if you eat less, you lose weight, but it doesn't always work that way. In general, the body wants to have more fat than you want it to have. Fat is an emergency fuel source and it protects the vital organs. While your brain thinks in the 21st century, your body still thinks in caveman terms. If you don't eat enough and you're under stress (such as from exercise), the body can panic, fearing famine or drought. It conserves energy (or fat) and gives you less juice to do what you do throughout the day.
    The solution: Bump your diet up in healthy 300-calorie increments until you start losing again. When you plateau, bump up again. Another trick is to zigzag, eating 1,200 calories one day and 2,000 the next, so your body thinks it's getting more than it really is.
  5. You're Overtraining 200_overtraining.jpgThe problem: People tend to think that the body can handle as much punishment as we can give it. They buy Slim in 6<SUP>®</SUP> and decide to double it, thinking they'll lose weight twice as fast.
    Won't happen. When you exercise, you're actually breaking down your muscles. If you don't give them enough time to recover, they just won't be able to do the work. You won't progress. What's even worse is when you overtrain your cardiovascular system, you're tiring out your heart muscles, which can lead to a chronic state where you're tired and lethargic.
    The solution: Just do what the Beachbody program recommends. Take a day off each week. Take recovery weeks seriously. Another thing you can do is take your resting heart rate each morning. If it starts to go up even though you're working out, that means you're overtraining, tired, and it's time for a recovery week.
  6. You're Not Exercising Enough 200_heartrate.jpgThe problem: It's possible to go through the motions on just about any workout video without benefiting. Just showing up doesn't get the job done. Also, working out three or four days a week is fine if you're only trying to maintain fitness, but odds are it won't help you progress.
    The solution. Make sure to hit it five days a week, minimum. Six would be great. When you exercise, make sure you're sweating. If you push yourself to a point where you need to stop, that's okay. Stop and take a drink of Water. Better to get yourself to that point than to underperform. This might also be a good time to try a heart monitor, to make sure it's getting up there.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Many MDs recommend "tricking" your body into losing by confusing it. How? You alternate the amount of calories you take in a day (as in the article posted above). One day do 800 calories and then the next day do 1200, etc. Your body won't be able to "adjust" to what's happening which prevents plateaus and keeps you on a winning course (or should I say losing?). LOL.

Hehe thanks Ill try that out, I do keep a journal fitday.com.Im just not very good a filling out its IMO a pain in the ass to look up food read the label etc.

If its just cal I can do that. Ill try the 800/1200 thing.

Hey Did anyone get a fill and then yo-yo up and down. I got banded Feb 15, 2006. Started at 274, got fill 6weeks later, know i am at 246 and can not seem to lose anymore it just goes up 2lbs and down 2 lbs. I don't get another fill until May 15 and thats not soon enough.

My husband got his band Dec 21, 2005 and has had only one fill and is still losing. He was 314 and now 260. It just isn't fair!!

Nana - If fitday is a pain in the arse, do something that better suits you. I keep a journal in an excel spreadsheet that I set up to fit what I wanted to track (amount, calories, proteins). Even if you keep a small notebook in the kitchen or with you during the day and you just jot down what you're going to eat, before you eat it, this can be very helpful. You can see when you're getting close to going over the daily limit, as well as see when you need to eat more.

Fosterc - How often are you weighing? The body's weight can fluctuate up to 5 pounds difference in a day. It's also very common to hit a slow period.

Also, are you keeping track of what you're eating? Are you drinking enough Water? Drinking with meals? Are you exercising 30 mins a day? Sometimes we get off track and don't realize it. Just follow the rules and keep on going. You'll see the scale move again.