Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hungry all the time

is it me or do i always seem hugry i eat small meals all day long i guess im scared im going to gain wieght but it seems im always hungry for instants

i eat eggs w/cheese about one eat 2/3 fork fulls morning

lunch pineapples out the can and applesauce small severing mots

dinner cole slaw and mash potatoes from kfc small serving

then i went to the gym got home about 1100pm and we (husband and I ) stop at b.k whopper/w cheese and fries well i ate half a whopper and about 7 fries full (but not to the point that i want to throw-up) then bed and morning i was hungry help me just got my band tightn april 19 i work out and hour a day is this normal

I'd be starving if that's all I ate. I can eat three squares a day in a large enough quantity that nobody would pick I had a band if they didnt already know. I'm losing (slowly) on that. Those are just tiny little mouthfuls of food several times a day, and yep for sure you'd need to eat every few hours to stay conscious, lol. If that's all you can fit in at the time, then that's how you need to eat, five or six small meals a day.

I think the band is deceptive, because you get full quickly it feels like you've eaten a lot more than you really have.

Sure doesn't sound like much food. How many calories are you actually consuming? You know you can add protien shakes with little or no carbs in between meals to help not only curb your hunger but helps add to your protien intake.

Well you're hardly eating any Protein at all girl! cheese is ok, but it's got more fat than protein. Veggies are all carbs, unless you are eating the proper combination of veggies to give you a complete protein. If you are working out regularly, you should probably be eating somewhere around 75-100 grams of protein per day. Try adding more meat to your diet. chicken, fish, roast beef (if juicy) and never turn to a big mac for protein. Especially not at 11 at night. *sighs* Why eat a big meal laden with fat and salt right before bed? You should be eating the lightest stuff in the evenings. I do not eat anything at least three hours before I go to bed. And, because I have eaten an average of 75 grams of protein per day, I'm rarely hungry at night. There's no reason for you to be hungry either, IF you are eating the right foods.

You're depriving yourself of Protein and THAT's why you feel hungry all the time and make poor choices like Burger King for dinner. Did you have a pre-op meeting with a dietician prior to your surgery? Maybe it's time to make an appointment and talk with one. Journal what you've been eating the past few days so they're able to see what you're doing wrong and how to make it right.

It's already been said, but you definately need more protien, and probably more calories. If you can only eat 2 or 3 bites of eggs and cheese for Breakfast, have a protien shake or something like that instead. You didn't have any protien in your lunch or dinner that you listed, and while I have done those sides for dinner, watch the fast food :P.

If you are hungry all the time, your body is truly trying to tell you something. "I'm hungry all the time" is completely different than "I want to eat all the time".

ok thanks i get my Protein its just some days i dont feel :bored like eating meat all the time i was like that before the band i like veggies and fruit ok let me tell u want i eat tuesday

spagittw/ turkey sauce i had about 8oz dinner

Breakfast i tryed to eat a bowl of almond special k but could not finish it

lunch i had catfish fried:phanvan

so i get a good meal i just feel like im always eating small meal all the time:o i also found that i eat more in the evening then in the morning i thought it might be because i go to the gym and do 1 to 1 1/2 hrs of working out :eek:

i think i will start keeping a meal book cuz somedays i can eat and still be hungry i get :eek: scared i dont like to have food in my throat :mad: i've found a 8oz /16oz glass of easy digest milk help in the middle of the night i guess im still learning how and what to eat it hard because i can eat what u want for 30+ years and now i have to retrain myself to eat better

fish is something that fills me for 2 hour easy going down better then chicken and beef im still a newbie thanks u for your help it keeps me going please dont think im krazy just trying to find out if im doing this right hug to all

You should make sure that you don't eat a good few hours before bed. Having food in the pouch at night can irritate your stomach/esophagus. Many people find that they are tighter in the morning if they went to bed shortly after eating. Sometimes it's going to happen, but it's a good idea to avoid it.

Many doctors also say that dinner should be the lightest meal of the day, basically for the same reason I stated above, so there's nothing in the pouch at bedtime.

I have restriction in the mornings, thank goodness for the little things, and notice that Breakfast is easier if I drink first. My stomach is usually full of (forgive me for this) foam from swallowing all night long. If I start with a cup of tea and my Vitamin I can eat more AM Protein. Protein really helps with the carb cravings. *in a whisper* I put Protein Shake on my shredded wheat.

It sounds like you just need to plan your "instants". A crock pot makes meat protein an 'instant' dinner if you have a few minutes in the morning. I keep frozen veggies around for Snacks. Green Beans are wonderful if you just run hot Water over them for a minute or so. Or a hard-boiled egg white? Is this an instant PB for you?

I save small servings in both the freezer and refrigerator because I am an instant girl myself. Sliced chicken breast is great this way since you can throw it into a salad, dip it in honey mustard, or sandwich it (if you still do breads).

I agree with the other ladies... eat more. Don't worry, I'll send you some stuff. :eek: