Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I got a fill the other day and now hardly anything goes down, I think I have to have it loosened right? I had surgery in December and lost 20 pounds before and right after the surgery but since then I have lost nothing, it's going on 5 months now...am I doing something wrong?

Do you log what you're eating? How many calories are you eating and what kind of calories? Lots of solid Protein, or slider foods?

Sometimes a fill causes swelling for awhile. So are you able to tolerate liquids? Are you taking really small bites, chewing really well and waiting 1min between bites?

As you can tell from my questions, there's a lot of variables if you're too tight or not, or if you're eating right to lose weight.

If you are not doing it, I would measure and log all you are eating and take it to a nutritionist and see where changes could be made.

As far as being tight, if eating correctly and still tight,maybe you do need a slight unfill.

Good luck!

What Maddygram said. But you said the other day. How many days, my surgeon has his patients on 2 days clear and 2 days full liquids after a fill to avoid swelling problems. Best wishes, Karen

So I got a fill the other day and now hardly anything goes down, I think I have to have it loosened right? I had surgery in December and lost 20 pounds before and right after the surgery but since then I have lost nothing, it's going on 5 months now...am I doing something wrong?

i agree with dawg and karen and their posts

if you can drink/eat, that is a problem....def call your dr and make an appt the band is not suppose to be sooooo tight you cant eat or drink..that can be dangerous if you get dehydrated....and to me, doesnt seem like a whole lotta fun..

and to lose weight you must take in less calories than you burn off...but if you are eating well and losing inches, then you are losing weight....hang in there okay.

"hardly anything goes down"???

What goes down and what doesn't?

It's been a week and a half since the fill, so I can't eat meat or chicken, no matter how much I chew it won't go down...rice won't go down, I think I need an unfill....

I would go in and talk with your surgeon for sure. Explain exactly what's going on and decide together what to do. Hope you feel better soon!

are your bites the size of you fingermail. i was takimg bites too big and eating too fast

When in the green zone, I could eat chicken thighs but not chicken breast, and I could not eat beef unless it was very tender. I was not too tight.

I couldn't tolerate rice long before I got to the green zone.

Some people can eat anything while they have the band, for some of us the band doesn't tolerate some things.

You said you can't eat anything. It sounds like you can eat most things but not some things. So eat the some things you can eat. Or maybe prepare the things you can't eat a little differently.

Maybe it's me and I see things differently from most people. I expected the band to change the way I ate, so I wasn't shocked when there were things I couldn't eat anymore. I didn't expect to have this surgery and then go about my merry way eating exactly the same way I always have.

I got to the point of eating just a few mouthfuls and being full for hours, and the weight dropped off. So I couldn't eat steak and I couldn't eat prawns or any real 'hard' Protein but I still ate well and lost the weight to boot.

You don't have to take my advice (of course) but if I were you, I'd wait and try to adjust to the new restriction and see how you feel in a month. It sounds like you're able to eat, just not everything, so this may be what will start the weight loss going again.

I think the bites I am taking are too big and it's hard to swallow..someone said fingernail size..maybe I should try that...

I have been throwing up a lot because food is constantly getting stuck...liquids go down fine so I don't think it's too tight..live and learn I guess...