Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weekend Weight Loss

Rather than losing weight this past week/weekend, I gained. I'm back up to 200 (or 201 depending upon the time of day) and a little disappointed. I've noticed that my restriction is all but gone because I'm eating more and more often. I'm not changing my ticker to reflect a gain though....ugh.

I've made a Tuesday afternoon appt. for a fill. I want to be under 200 again and on the losing side. Hopefully this will kickstart things again.

Please wish me luck?!?!

Great job to those who lost weight!! :clap2:

Tricia_K, call me crazy but... you may be eating more b/c you are working out like a work horse. You are using weights, riding bike....and a whole schlew of things. You need more as you burn more and I think you may be putting on some muscle, which is excellent. This is my take on the subject anyway but... seriously, did you take into account all you've been doing? Don't deny yourself the right to gain muscle.. you are doing fantastic.

Ok, update... DOWN -4LBS BABY AND I EVEN ATE LIKE A FREAKIN COW YESTERDAY.

Had 4 - 6 oz of food (lmao) Not alot but it was my first time since before surgery that I ate soo much.

2 bite sized pieces of fried Puerto Rican Pork something (mother-in-law made it)

1/6th piece of chicken breast (Bar-B-Que) grilled

Garden salad with bacon bits, no dressing and maddd tabasco sauce

Potato salad

Puerto Rican rice con gondules

So I had a 2 - 3 bites of everything and I felt good. I didn't overdo it however I did drink a little Water during the meal b/c the pork was painful. (Didn't want mom to get upset cuz im not eating her food, she's soo paranoid if every single person doesn't go hog wild over her food. But I kept it realistic for myself. Plus she does know about the surgery so she wasn't soo bad.)

omG why was my band surgery the topic of conversation or "nice conversation piece"????? How embarrassing! Sister-in-law's were all asking about it and other's listening attentively. :nono:

Yes.... no one said I looked good but I can see how much they couldn't stop staring at me. It makes me paranoid... when people stare and not comment. I start to manifest all kinds of thoughts. Just freakin spit it out! Ask away...say something!!!!

I did notice that people (family) were much more talkative towards me and much nicer. :D That sucks that weight changes people's demeanor. I'm happy that I'm happier. I don't care what they think anymore and when I hit goal... I know that if no one makes a positive comment, that means they are jealous or just don't want to acknowledge all the hardwork I put in. I mean, how can you lose 37lbs and no one tells you ..that you look different or smaller or...whatever??? :) But blahh, I felt like a star, even though I have a long ways to go, I felt super!

Oh, funny thing too is my sister-in-law made a comment at dinner that her and her fiance saw me riding my bike about 20 ish miles from my home. They smiled..reluctantly. Kinda looked at me in horror.

I said.."Oh yeah? Cool, so when are you joining me???" I got a shaking head signalling "Never" and a smile :P :tired No further comments were made about it.

Tricia_K, call me crazy but... you may be eating more b/c you are working out like a work horse. You are using weights, riding bike....and a whole schlew of things. You need more as you burn more and I think you may be putting on some muscle, which is excellent. This is my take on the subject anyway but... seriously, did you take into account all you've been doing? Don't deny yourself the right to gain muscle.. you are doing fantastic.
LOL...you're not crazy, my dear. I've thought the same thing but, as I'm sure you can understand, I know my body and my eating habits and they are not what they should be. It's definitely time for a fill. I don't mind if I eat more frequently (like every 3-4 hours) but when I can sit and devour and entire cup (or more) of food, that's definitely not me. I'm used to eating around 3-4 bites and then I'm full. I wasn't a big eater pre-banding, so a cup of food for me is like a pre-bandster meal.

On another note, CONGRATS on your weight loss!! I'm sorry that you had to endure the odd situation on Mother's Day. I'm sure it was a bit disappointing that no one said anything about your weight loss. You're a strong woman and I'm sure that you got through it just fine. You seem a lot like me - - a woman that would hold her head up high and ignore the fact that no one noticed (or said anything) about your achievement. I know that you are proud of yourself and that is all that matters. But, just for the record, I'm proud of you too. *hugs*

On another note, CONGRATS on your weight loss!! I'm sorry that you had to endure the odd situation on Mother's Day. I'm sure it was a bit disappointing that no one said anything about your weight loss. You're a strong woman and I'm sure that you got through it just fine. You seem a lot like me - - a woman that would hold her head up high and ignore the fact that no one noticed (or said anything) about your achievement. I know that you are proud of yourself and that is all that matters. But, just for the record, I'm proud of you too. *hugs*

:cry :think Thank you. Though I feel strong about myself, I did need to hear this. Thank you.

:cry :think Thank you. Though I feel strong about myself, I did need to hear this. Thank you.
You're very welcome, my dear. :)

Very very very proud of you Em...

You weren't lying when you said you would definately lose weight being at mom's house for the week.

-3lbs is not easy to lose and I have to say you are hardworking. Way to go sis!

Hey, you guys look awesome. Don't wait for those people to say something just keep doing what you are doing. People get intimidated by driven poeple. You guys are driven.....KEEP IT GOING!!!!!! Needless to say after they saw you all, they wen't home and started cleaning out the refridgerator.

Hey, you guys look awesome. Don't wait for those people to say something just keep doing what you are doing. People get intimidated by driven poeple. You guys are driven.....KEEP IT GOING!!!!!! Needless to say after they saw you all, they wen't home and started cleaning out the refridgerator.

LOL Teresita,

I believe you! You are doing fantastic as well. I love how you are working hard yourself ..all the while cheering everybody on.

Multi-tasking at it's best!

Reporting in.....I lost 1.5 lbs. :) That's the most I've lost in months!! I ate very reasonable for Mother's Day and tried to stick with my liquid diet the rest of the time. I wasn't 100% successful with the liquids, but it's the little steps that help me. Aunt Flo is coming Wed, so I'm not looking forward to that other than I won't be having it for my surgery...YEAH!!

Telly ~ You are sooooo dedicated and an inspiration!! Thank you for that. :clap2: Keep focused and don't let the jealousy of others cloud your mind. They must be staring at you b/c they want that glow you have and that gleam in your eye. It can't be denied. :biggrin1: :success1:

Telly....you know you got it goin on!!!! That's why no one said anything. They couldn't deal with seeing you working it. You know darn well a loss of thirty plus pounds is easy to see. They can't deal with how good you look, some may have even been hoping you failed. But no not you, you had to come out of the gate with nothing but some smoke coming out of your heels. Work it baby , work it!!!

Emilee: fantastic job on your wls.

3loves: congratulations on your loss. It's always hard getting the ball rolling on weight loss. Take courage, it's only the beginning of many more pounds to come.

Roberta

Wow this thread almost died. lol Congrats Ceparano!!!!!!

Congratulations, Ceparano.

I think I dropped 2 pounds over the weekend because I'm back down to 199 again. Ugh...I certainly hope this latest fill does the trick. I was so used to an average monthly loss of 10 pounds but have only lost 11 (or 12 if you count the few days I was at 198) in the past 2 months.

I guess I shouldn't complain considering I'm only 38/39 pounds away from my goal weight.