Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am having the same thing and I am 8 days out. My doctor didn't seem concerned when I brought it up at the post op appt. yesterday, but told me to let them know if I was still this way Friday.

I had those burps that weren't actually burps too. And I still have the shoulder pain. Never felt nausea but I took my anti nausea meds all the time. It goes away...

I'm 6 days post band replacement and I am feeling nauseous too. I think it's the gas. I couldn't really walk because of the associated pain but heat packing has helped, that and peppermint tea. I had a barium swallow 24 hours after surgery and my band is perfectly placed.

If the Protein drinks are making you ill, try a different liquid instead. I had watermelon juice yesterday and that helped with the nausea too. Don't drink the Protein Drinks if they make you feel ill.

I also know that as the gassiness dissipates so will the nausea, so hang in there, it won't be like this forever.

I was banded a week ago and have the same problem.i think its normal.its from surgery.

I believe that the swallow test is standard procedure after surgery. I had one before I left the hospital. They do it to make sure that Fluid is going through, and that there aren't any leaks. Did you have one at the hospital, or is this the first one?

yes, i had to do a swallow also at hospital to make sure i was able to swallow before they sent me home...it was so nasty stuff.....i told him i hope the first couple pics took as if i take another swallow it would come back up...it was nasty......seems weird because at my surgeons, the stuff they give me actually tastes like kool aid..

I am one week post op today. I am having a lot of like burps that don't actually come out, they just really hurt my chest and shoulder. These happen all day long, with or without eating and drinking. I am having a lot of shoulder pain and also am quite nauseated still and have a hard time eating. I am scheduled for a barium swallow tomorrow but wanted to see if anyone else had these issues? Overall I am feeling quite terrible.

well it is major surgery so its gonna hurt...and i know it doesnt seem like it now, but it does get better as the days pass.....def keep walking to help move the gas out.....my shoulder hurt really good until about day 8 and my dr gave me some anti naus meds to have (that i have with me all times) to help conquer that naus feeling......i have had surgeries before and the stuff that put me to sleep made me sick to my stomach and over all feel naus....i told them and they gave me extra meds before/during surgery to help appease that.....anyhow, sip and sip and sip, stay ahead of pain by using your pain meds and def keep walking/moving......in about 6 months, you will be advising newbies just out of surgery the same thing, that it will get better.

yes, i had to do a swallow also at hospital to make sure i was able to swallow before they sent me home...it was so nasty stuff.....i told him i hope the first couple pics took as if i take another swallow it would come back up...it was nasty......seems weird because at my surgeons, the stuff they give me actually tastes like kool aid..

I had to have a barium swallow test before surgery as well; one of the diagnostics. It was a lot easier to deal with prior to surgery, but the one right after was disgusting. After going through major surgery, drinking that crap & being rolled & tilted around, wasn't the most pleasant part of the surgery experience :o

I was one week post op yesterday and I still have what I am pretty sure is gas right under my sternum and the only thing that helps is burping. I can't force a burp bc it hurts like heck if I do I just have to walk until its ready. I am also nauseated out of the blue every now and again. I find that eating or drinking something helps it and I'm not taking pain meds for the most part. Your symptoms sound normal but keep us posted.

I am one week out today and my symptoms are the exact same! Dry heaving episode yesterday and nautious throughout the day. Horrible burps that won't come out and still experiencing shoulder pain!