Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery is in two days!!!! I'm so scared- it didnt hit until my friend mentioned it to me- TWO days!!!!! My sugars are still level, I get to do my zumba class one last time tomorrow and heading out to a Yankee game after work on Tuesday! Guys!!! I'm scared, especially bc my boyfriend won't be there :-/ he has work and I can't ask for him to take off bc he just started this new job. I have my box of tissues ready. How is everyone else coping? Or coped with having surgery for that matter! :)

one step at a time, you have your blood sugar under control, now focus on what the goal is.. being scared is natural...it is alot to think about, but you can do this. I was anticipating something horrible but it wasn't nearly as bad as I had thought.. the first days will be trying but if you do what your Dr. tells you, especially drinking and moving you should do great... we will all be keeping you in our prayers..

one step at a time' date=' you have your blood sugar under control, now focus on what the goal is.. being scared is natural...it is alot to think about, but you can do this. I was anticipating something horrible but it wasn't nearly as bad as I had thought.. the first days will be trying but if you do what your Dr. tells you, especially drinking and moving you should do great... we will all be keeping you in our prayers..[/quote']

Just having my sugars under control has made me think so much positive- I felt horrible- sluggish; irritated all the time- don't get me wrong having hunger pains has gotten to me, but two days before the sx I've managed to almost forget about it! Thank you so much for your words. god has helped me so much! :)

Just remember to "breathe", you're going to do great! Sounds like you've made a lot of progress thus far. I am a week out and every now and then I start to get a bit nervous as well. I've waited so long for this, thought it would never happen and now it's almost here. Just trying to keep busy! Will be thinking of you. Good luck!

Just remember to "breathe"' date=' you're going to do great! Sounds like you've made a lot of progress thus far. I am a week out and every now and then I start to get a bit nervous as well. I've waited so long for this, thought it would never happen and now it's almost here. Just trying to keep busy! Will be thinking of you. Good luck![/quote']

I have! I'm still surprise with myself! :) but thank youuu!! :)

Good luck to you on the most exciting journey of your life!

I am happier today,than I was before being banded.

Best of luck! I go tomorrow for my surgery!

melly, you'll do just fine..no big deal. just think of those nice NORMAL bs numbers you'll start seeing on your meter like see now! :)

I was really nervous before talking to my dr again. Now I feel more relaxed knowing that they will give me something to calm me down when I get to the hospital, since I know the car ride there will be my most anxiety. Good Luck on your surgery!!! I think that's four of us now having surgery on May 1st.

You will do great, the surgery will be over before you even realize you were asleep. Just make sure to drink as much Water as your body will let you and move around regularly. Gas-X is a good tool also. Just keep it in your mind that everything will get better.

Good luck let us know how it goes. I'm next Tuesday:/

Good luck melly! You'll be fine. When your all done an up walking you'll realize how u stressed out over nothing. Keep us posted! :)

You're going to do great! You fought for this and you will do wonderful. Just do as you're told, drink lots of liquids and move when you can.