Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am two weeks post op today!!! Feeling great did my first Zumba class tonight and I loved it! I have lost 11 pounds since surgery for a total loss of 37 pounds :) feeling great and starting to wear some old jeans :)

Yay congrats!

Were you banded on the 11th? If so we were banded on the same day by the same doc. :)

Yes I was! That is crazy lol how r u feeling?

That's so funny! You must have gone after me because the woman who went before me got her band taken out. You look like you are doing great! I can't believe you can work out already, lucky duck! :) I am still really sore. I still can't lift anything and I just started laying on my side. I can't imagine I'll be in the gym before the end of the month. Are you doing the pureed food?

I was the first case of the morning at 8:30... Yeah just started puréed food yesterday. I am loving it lol. Did u start them yesterday too? I am feeling really good I attribute it to starting an exercise regimen before surgery and taking long walks everyday right after surgery. I am surprised but I can even sleep on my stomach! Why did the lady before u have to have the band taken out? There was an older lady right after me who seemed to have a tough time walking maybe that was her.

I started the pureed but I can't do it. The texture grosses me out. I'm doing miso Soup and chopped sashimi. I'm still not eating very much because my stomach is not liking what I did to it. I had to do a 23 hour stay because my stomach spasmed so bad I couldn't drink anything. I had two c-sections that were no problem at all. Never did the pain killers and was juggling those babies around just days after surgery. This surgery has knocked me on my butt. I would definitely do it again but I would be better prepared for the long lay up.

The woman before me had her band slip. I think she was cheating her band because she had the band in for a couple of years and looked to be about 240 lbs. Not being judgey, I just wanted to explain what I thought happened with her band slip because I know we all fear that. You were probably already in surgery by the time I arrived. I got there about 8 am.

I'm glad things are going so well for you. Has your weight loss slowed down? I was losing about a pound a day. I've lost 26 lbs starting with the pre-op diet, Now I'm about 2 to 3 pounds per week. I know that's good but I'm afraid it will be even less next week.

I agree with you! I had 3 c sections. 10 pound babies. My gallbladder out.. This was by far my worst surgery! Took me a good month to feel better, still not back to normal. But it does get better :)

Was your gallbladder taken out with this surgery?

I lost 26 total between diet monitoring and the 2 week liquid diet. I have lost 11 pounds in the 15 days since surgery :) I am not really worried about my loss slowing down because I am burning more calories then I am consuming. I was so ready to get out of there I am so happy I didn't have to stay.

You're doing so great. I'm walking but that's it for now. I probably have another month before I can really do anything. i'm worried I won't get my first fill because I'm healing so slowly.