Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How to lower Cholesterol ?

Hey fellow bandsters I am four months banded and did my 3 month blood work to check my nutrition levels. So it turns out I have high Cholesterol and low Iron.< /p>

Can anyone help me out with some tips for low cholesterol foods or lowering my cholesterol. Also if you have this problem has your doctor put you on any meds? I don't understand how I have

this high cholesterol since I work out almost everyday and eat good. I guess not good enough. This is very frustrating news :(

Are you on a low carb diet? That can contribute to high cholesterol in some people.

If you are, see your nutritionist and tell them about your cholesterol issue so they can help you tweak your diet to better fit your needs.

Yes Missy I am on a low carb diet

Talk to your nutritionist for sure. It's not horribly common but some people have problems with high cholesterol and/or high blood pressure when on low carb diets. Your nutritionist can help you make the necessary changes to help bring the cholesterol back down.

And sometimes, it is genetic. Your body does not have the off switch when it comes to dumping cholesterol into your system so it functions properly. If your diet is clean, you exercise, meds may be the only other option.

I have a feeling that your levels will improve with weight loss and exercise. You could always try Fish Oil, which is over-the-counter and comes in a mini capsule now. Are you taking an Iron supplement?

I'm on a low carb diet, have lost 92lbs and still had to be put on lipitor. Your doctor doing the blood check can look at your levels (Trig/LDL/HDL) to figure out you have the genetic issue or if it's food and determine if you need the meds. It runs in the family and since my Trigs were at a good number, she knew I was a genetic case and put me on meds. It sucks, I thought I would beat it, but can't help it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches