Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thought I'd stop in and introduce myself especially as my surgery date approaches. I found this site after reading the big book on lap band. I've struggled with my weight all my life. I started blood pressure meds in my 30's and was started on another last October. I've noticed on recent blood work my blood sugar levels and cholesterol rising. So felt it was time to do something before my counter is overcome with medication bottles. In the past, I checked into lap band but at the time didn't feel I could follow the "plan". This time I went to a seminar and then met with the surgeon and it felt different. I am now in a better place and ready to tackle my weight! It took me a little over 2 months to get approved after doing 4 months of jumping through hoops and surgery is now set for May 6th. As the days go by, I am starting to get a little nervous and have noticed a few mood swings!

This looks like a great site for support and am glad that I have found it. I joined another one, but most of the members have had gastric bypass and it seems that not many had very good things to say about the band. I don't want to go into this questioning my decision for the band. From what I've seen here so far, I don't think I will. So here I am!

Welcome to this forum, there are many knowledgeable people here to help you. Good luck on your surgery. hugs

Welcome sp70. Glad to have you aboard. You've taken the first and hardest steps in this process but the rewards will be great as you see the weight drop and your need for meds start to lessen. I was taking 90 mgs. of Nifedipine and and 12.5 mgs. of Avalide when I was banded in January. Am nearly 50 lbs. down now and I'm off the Avalide and was switched to only 20 mgs. of Lisinopril. My sugars are perfect and cholesterol also in the normal range. Good luck to you!

Welcome. You were very smart to find this site before your surgery. I found it late but glad I found it. A few things I wish I did before, like take before pictures and measurements. I didn't start measurements until 2 months after the Band so I have no idea how many inches I really loss. My heaviest was March, 2012 and the surgery was the end of July, 2012, so I know I have lost many many inches. Love fitting into smaller clothes. The best feeling is trying on a size that you are convinced won't fit and they are BIG!

​Enjoy your new life as a thinner person and listen to your doctor and dietitian because every person on this site, their's have different thoughts.

Hi. My surgery is may 7 th. I'm nervous and anxious .

My surgery is May 7 too. I am so excited. Starving, but excited! My doctor has me on a pretty strict pre- op diet, but I want to do whatever I have to do to be compliant. I have been working on this approval for 8 months and the surgery day cannot get here fast enough. Good luck and I will be praying for u and me!