Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anxiety mental issue etc.

So I recently decided to see psychiatrist for anxiety. I have a 1&2 yr old and ever since having them I hd e major anxiety about something bad happening to them. I don't let them out of my sight and I basically plan eveything out of something bad was to happen. Someone break in my house etc. I quickly realized this was extender and am seeking help. Now that I am seeking help with this my referral to bariatrics wasn't declined but says I need to see psychiatrist first . Anyone have any issues like that that stopped them from allowing you to get lap band??

As as psychotherapist, I've had just a few clients over the years that were referred to me as a precurser to having weight loss surgery. There are several reasons why an individual may not be in a good state of mind to have surgery, but most of the issues can be addressed in therapy. Hope that helps.

It does thank you

I just hope I'm not denied surgery becauSe of it!

I'm bi-polar and on tons of med and I was approved no problem. Good luck!

Thank you for sharing that with me.

I developed a panic disorder after the birth of my children. I eventually developed coping mechanisms to deal with it without medication. I have gone 10 years without a panic attack. However, I had to disclose the disorder because I was afraid of having a panic attack before my surgery. I am currently taking wellbutrin because I quit smoking three months ago. None of this caused any issues with my banding. I was banded on April 11.

I was diagnosed with Major Depression when my husband died 6 yrs ago. I was on 4 different antidepressants when I saw the psych. I was approved immediately. Now, 3 12 yrs later, I'm down to 1/2 of 1 of my pills! Yeah! Life couldn't be any better (well, I could get down to my goal weight, which would make it better!)

Good luck!

Marci

Thank you sooooo much ladies for sharing this all with me. I'm hoping to get my anxiety under control I don't want my kids to not experience things just because I think the world is terrible!:) praying I can get approved so I can hd e my energy back to run around with my two boys. Also we are adopting in two great danes ! I'm going to need it!

So I recently decided to see psychiatrist for anxiety. I have a 1&2 yr old and ever since having them I hd e major anxiety about something bad happening to them. I don't let them out of my sight and I basically plan eveything out of something bad was to happen. Someone break in my house etc. I quickly realized this was extender and am seeking help. Now that I am seeking help with this my referral to bariatrics wasn't declined but says I need to see psychiatrist first . Anyone have any issues like that that stopped them from allowing you to get lap band??

I think it is a requirement for everyone having the lap band. I had to get a psych evaluation and so did someone else I know who was going to get banded. I have anxiety and panic attacks and I'm on Xanax. My insurance approved my surgery knowing that. Sorry to get off subject here, but after the birth of my 1st daughter I had gotten anxiety, actually I think it started when I was pregnant with her, I started having fears of being in the car and getting into an accident. After my 2nd daughter was born my anxiety got worse and turned to full blown panic attacks. With the birth of my son is when I started to have to take Xanax every day just to feel normal and not have anxiety or panic attacks. It's weird that you said it was after the birth of your kids, because I noticed the same thing. I even asked the dr if maybe my children took some kind of Vitamin or something from me that has caused me to feel like this and the all laugh, and then one day I was reading an article that says if you are magnesium deficient it could cause anxiety, so maybe I was onto something after all. I want to start taking this magnesium powder that I got, but I gotta ask my regular physician first and my surgeon. Sorry that was long, just thought I would share.

Tawnya, I am going to ask my doc abt Mg too. I started with panic attacks 16 yrs ago...when pregnant with my second son. Hmmm?! Never made the pregnancy connection until your post. So thank you for the insight.

jmonique, being overweight and fearing i'd die of a heart attack was one of the main reasons I wanted lapband. I too have two sons and want to be here to help them throygh this crazy world. I personally think you will pass with flying colors and be approved. Best wishes to you!

You may be on to something.....banders with anxiety . com !!!!! : )

I'll have to look into the magnesium. Where are you ladies from? I'm in ca and things are just getting worse and worse with crime. The dogs are so I feel safer in my home and the kids have to buddies:) yes we should start a anxiety and lap band group!! Hahahaha thank you do much everyone I love the support!

Tawnya' date=' I am going to ask my doc abt Mg too. I started with panic attacks 16 yrs ago...when pregnant with my second son. Hmmm?! Never made the pregnancy connection until your post. So thank you for the insight.

jmonique, being overweight and fearing i'd die of a heart attack was one of the main reasons I wanted lapband. I too have two sons and want to be here to help them throygh this crazy world. I personally think you will pass with flying colors and be approved. Best wishes to you!

You may be on to something.....banders with anxiety . com !!!!! : )[/quote']

Your welcome. Just glad I can share what I have read and hope that this can be the answer for the many people suffering from anxiety. I will try to look up that article tomorrow and post what it says and give you the name of the magnesium I bought. I got the approval from my surgeon today that I can take it so all I need now is my regular physician and then I'm going to start taking it. I think that would be a great website or at least thread.

I'll have to look into the magnesium. Where are you ladies from? I'm in ca and things are just getting worse and worse with crime. The dogs are so I feel safer in my home and the kids have to buddies:) yes we should start a anxiety and lap band group!! Hahahaha thank you do much everyone I love the support!

I'm from California born and raised, but I'm currently in Kansas. My husband is in the military so we were stationed in Washington and now Kansas. We will be going back to California in July since my husband requested orders to go there. My husband is also from California. I know all about the crime there, it's horrible. My husbands brother was shot and killed almost a year ago on April 28th in Whittier. Every where is crime we just have to protect our children and teach them all that we can to prepare them for life in this crazy world.