Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gone for Good Club - May 2006

Hey Mo! WTG on the blood sugars! How cool is that?!!!

And Dawg...congrats on the BMI! Where are you getting your chart? The one I always see has 25-29 BMI as overweight, and below 25 as normal...but I have heard of charts that are a little more, uhhh, realistic? where a 27 BMI was in the normal range? I dunno, I just wonder if you could post your chart? or a link? Anyway. Well done!!!!!

Okay, Dawg, I just reread your post and 29 IS overweight on my chart, too...but I hadn't heard of the classes of obesity. So I still wanna see your chart! Anyhow, thanks.

Dawg that is awesome!!! BIG HUGS!!!! now maybe you will be willing to get your butt in the groove and start working out. :P drag pnut with you. If I am dying working out an hour a day then you have to too. LOL

I have a question for the group...who here has a set time they stop eating at night, like no eating after 8pm or 7pm, whatever. I know that is one thing Oprah makes sure she doesn't do, I think its 7pm for her. I have always tried following something like that, but I am so bad about eating at night, especially late at night, I'm a night owl. I usually got to bed aroun 1 or 2 am. And sometimes eat through out the night, I'm a snacker, one reason I know its hard for me to lose. Well anyways, just wondering who doesn't eat after a certain time and what helps them to not eat and if they think that really helps them.

That's a really good question. In fact I stop eating at 7PM. There was a body builder who said people should eat something every 2 waking hours b/c while you are up, your body is up and you are burning calories, you get hungry, blah blah blah. But what if you only sleep for 4 hours? I have no idea how right or wrong he is but I stop at 7pm and if it's a party weekend, or vacation then that doesn't count for me :P

PNUT, I guarantee a weight loss of at least 2lbs by Monday morn! Yay!

I have 7pm in my head as the cutoff time for eating, but I don't always stick to it. Sometimes, especially now that it's staying light longer, we don't get around to eating dinner until 8. I think the most important thing is to stop three hours before you go to bed. So, if you stay up late perhaps repositioning your eating times might help. Maybe have your last meal at 8pm and have a snack around 10pm? However, unless you are an active nightowl, chances are you'll just be sitting around with your metabolism slowing down for the night and the calories won't be burning as effectively as they do during the day when you are up and out, moving around. So I would choose a lighter meal in the later evening. Maybe a salad with tuna in it. And get the heavier meal in the afternoon.

That's it! I'm officially going to set my goal of not eating after 8pm. It's going to be so hard, I have a boyfriend I'm feeding it seems like 24 hours a day and is try to actually GAIN weight. But I will just keep drinking and drinking after 8 and hopefully be so full of Water I won't even be thinking about putting food in my mouth!

Telly, weigh-in is on Wednesday. Cheater! *laughs* (I'm only down 1 pound this morning) You should only be weighing once a week, any more could cause great frustration. (Why has my loss slowed down so much? I want more 4 pound weeks! Grrr) Listen to your leader. She knows what works. (Im going to go weigh again now. If I take off 5 pounds for my clothes, and another 5 for the food and liquid I've had today, that should be about right) Weighing before weigh in day could cause heartbreak when you see three pounds lost on Monday, but only one on Wedneday because of some Water retention. :P

I know! I am so bad, every trip to the bathroom has me get on the scale just to see whats going on. I usually do NOT like whats going on. How can I go up and down all day, like 10 pounds? ugh.

Hello, I'm Susan and I'm a scale addict.

Dawg takes the batteries out and hides them until weigh in day. Only.. he's forgotten the last couple of weeks. Shhhh....

To be honest Pnut, I haven't weighed myself but once today :P

That's an all time low for me! Diablo called me only once.

Embarrassingly so...I weigh myself 3 - 4 times per day. But I said, I will lose at least 2lbs by Monday for the bootcamp weigh in and then on Wednesday I'll hope to drop more or at least maintain the 2lbs loss.

It's a win win!

I will fight the beast that stares at me down the hallway.

And wow, who takes off 5lbs for the food? Can you do that? LMAO. THAT'S JUST CRAZY!