Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gone for Good Club - May 2006

We all should be doing great.

This challenge is exactly what it is.. "A challenge" I didn't come here and join this challenge to.. half step. I have and am really trying to make the most out of this like some of us. I noticed alot of people aren't updating their cards, many have probably dropped out, I donno but alot of people aren't sticking to their guns.

Yes I do read other people's cards. Seeing other people motivated and trucking on, motivates me. I know I motivate some people, but in retrospect, I need motivation too.

People this is an actual challenge that I take seriously.

I may have missed 2 days of exercise but I am not making up an excuse as to why I missed those days. I just didnt' want to work out. I drink as much Water as I can get in. I've missed a few days on those too where I didn't drink 64 fl oz. However, I have not faltered on my sugar and flour. I'm not a sugar kinda girl anyway so that's easy for me. Exercise is very hard for me to make the time, but I do it. I have kids, a business, a pet and a house to maintain.

This is a genuine Challenge and we only have less than 2 weeks left in it people. Make it count for something. Follow-through on it.

*goes to update her cards with a look of shame on her face*

I really have been doing everything right - except exercise. What is my problem? I bought a bloody thousand dollar treadmill and never step on it. When I did, I was feeling great! Physically and mentally. I'm a lazy ass. That's all there is to it.

I have to say, it's so stinking cool to get on here and see you all talking to each other, being friends, encouraging one another. Heather... this is exactly what we invisioned isn't it? *high fives Heather*

Ok, Mo, you and Funny have both fussed at me about the exercising. I know you're both right. How do I find the energy and the motivation to get started again? Hm.. Thirty pounds to go to join the 100 pounds lost club, and only 8 pounds more after that to be in Onederland. That can take me 4 months, or it can take 2 1/2. I'm the one that's been whining to myself about this taking For-Ev-Er, so I should shut up and work my ass instead of my whining brain. Right?! Right!! Ok, that's it. I'm turning over a new leaf and I'm NOT letting the new kid show me up! *grins at Telly*

Thanks pals. You all rock.

PS. I weighed 237 today. That's 70 pounds! OMG! *excited laughter of disbelief*

I8 - yep that's been my problem -but I too am piggybacking off of everyone here LOL with no band of my own -- and the challenge is helping me to accomplish that!

P'Nut - maybe not having a walking 'buddy' makes it harder -- how about a fess up to buddy - someone on here that you are close to - so you can admit when you aren't motivated and they can be encouraging?

My journal does it for me lol -- I hate to admit to myself I am not doing my best - I re-read my motivated entries and go from there --

yep - Telly is kicking butt -- wish she lived closer so she could kick mine! lol

Mo, I do have a walking buddy. Actually, three of them! But I've had my 2 1/2 yrs old grandson all day every day and I swear he's wearing me out! I also have my gym partner, Dawg, and we are just going to have to force ourselves to go after he gets home, whether we are tired or not. We are both getting down from all of this evening inactivity.

I'm supposed to be riding my bike. I'm all geared up and about to go but of course my new addiction, (LBT) has me peeping in.

Love you guys and see you a 1lb later.

Oh P'Nut I did daycare for over 15 years - I so know how exhausting it is to run after little ones....my sympathy is so with you!

Maybe eat dinner - relax - and then go for a casual walk with your DH after dinner? Not necessarily worrying about working out as much as just walking to walk.....

nut, have you checked on fitday to see how much you would burn taking care of him for the day? I bet you would find that your basal burn and your lifestyle burn, plus the child care burns more than you realize!!

Ok, I post my exercise in the thread: Exercise Today

I am going to post here too since we all need a little exercise motivation. Let's post what we are doing today in here.

1. 3 mile run @ 4.5mph, 15 mile bike ride
  2. 4 sets of 12 reps 5lb weights bicept curls
  3. 4 sets of 12 reps 10lbs tricpet curls
  4. 125 regular crunches
  5. 125 twisting (leg in the air) crunches
  6. 100 leg lifts each side

I bike for an hour every morning. I have no idea how many hours, it is a program that I run, then watch the news. HA! Then I do the eliptical till I feel like passing out 3 times a week. Twice a week I work my arms and core.

Motivation! It's subdivision yard sale weekend and I can already hear the car doors shutting outside as those greedy little people are hurrying to grab those great deals right out from under me! This woman is going walking!! Laters! *puff of smoke*

I am in some serious pain from the leg lifts. It really kills me and my kids come running to wherever I am exercising to see why I'm screaming, lol!

"You ok Mommy???" I just roll my eyes and say.. "Skit Skat" and shoo them. That's embarrassing! Of course I'm ok. lol!

1. 2 mile run @ 4.5mph, 12 mile bike ride
  2. 4 sets of 12 reps 5lb weights bicept curls
  3. 4 sets of 12 reps 10lbs tricpet curls
  4. 125 regular crunches
  5. 125 twisting (leg in the air) crunches
  6. 100 leg lifts each side

Thank you Telly - for exercising for me! lol

My disabled body would LOVE to do these things -- well - no - my mind would like my disabled body to do these things -- I can't - so I live through those who can -- I DO walk on the treadmill - 15 minutes twice a day - on my good days -- even though it is minimal it is amazing how well that keeps my sugar in check -- I have cut down a lot on diabetes medication and that's a great NSV for me!

Sincerely -thank you GFG Club - you are awesome motivators!

I wish we lived close too b/c then I'd be behind you with a cow proddle. :confused: Actually MoOrless, I'd have you on a bike (my spare one if needed) and with me daily, working out. Would be fun to have a workout buddy.

I'm proud of you. I know you have issues but I'm proud that you push yourself and get up everyday and work it out. 15 minutes here and there adds up.

My Grandmother passed from Diabetes and my stister and cousin are stablized but it is a very serious disease and I am very happy you are doing better with it. I pray eventually you'll not need medication anymore.