Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gone for Good Club - May 2006

I'm back from my unfill. It was wonderful to chug down a whole bottle of water!! She took out .2 so I am at a 1.8. I came home & fixed myself a little bit of tuna salad with 4 crackers. I slowly chewed, chewed, & chewed!!!! I ate the whole thing & feel very full!! Maybe this is the perfect fill for me!! I sure hope so.

Heather - I usually get my fills done under floro, but the last 2 were just done manually. I prefer the flouro, but can't afford to travel back to MX everytime. I have often wondered if not using the flouro is part of my problem!! Actually, I'd like to blame it all on bloating every month. I am always fine until that time of the month & then everything is all messed up.

By the way, my fill doctor told me today that I can stop the bloating every month if I take a double dose of acetomenaphine the day before my period & the day of my period. She said it makes it much easier on us with the band. I had never heard this, but will definately try it next time!!!

P'Nut - YOU ROCK!! You've only been banded 5 months & have lost 68?! I am soooo jealous. :) If you're still losing weight, I would consider leaving your band just like it is. Talk to your doctor & get his opinion. You are so awesome!!!

Telly - I just love you!! You are so inspiring to us all. I can't wait to see your hot, lean body when you hit your goal. All the bike riding is building those mega muscles. You keep me goin' & I NEED IT!!! (Thanks!)

I did it, I did it!!!! I went and worked out at the gym this morning!!! My very first time.

Gosh, I guess only the people who seriously like to work out are there that early :) They all had better bodies than me. After about 10 minutes though, I tried to not think about that... and concentrate on feeling the burn! :success1:

I have NEVER been on an elliptical machine... boy...it just looks easy until you are on there for 5 minutes. I think I did really well for my first day!

Diane - I'm glad to hear that you're doing better! I felt the same way when I had my slight unfill. She took all of it out, had me sit up, and I chugged an entire 16 oz. bottle of Water. I was sooooo thirsty after not being able to eat or drink for 4 days.

Heather - you go, girl! Working out can be hard but the results are fun.

Diane, really happy to see you better dahling. This will be good for you, i can feel it!

Heather, I kicked my own butt on the eliptical this morning too. I am up to 9 minutes that I can do on it before I feel like my legs are going to just fall off, and the pain is too much. LOL Good for you for getting up that early and going!! (((HUGS))) the first step is always the second hardest. The hardest part will come in about 4 days when your body hurts and its really early and you just don't want to go. LOL That is when you have to be the strongest!! You can do this!

Tricia, your new av just makes me smile!

oh and I forgot about myself. LOL Don't I always. I am still slightly recovering from a sun filled mother's day at the beach. It was really a fabulous time, and my clock is still stuck on slow. working out this morning was hard. And I am really hungry now that I am on the liquid diet. But I am sticking with it! My only cheat off the liquid diet yesterday was a roma Tomato. That isn't too bad. :) I filled out all my foods on fitday.com and have found that I am getting the right amount of calories, but I need more Protein and less carbs, so I am going to up the Jello and Protein Drinks. DH is going to buy me some more Isopure, and I think that should help some.

Tricia, your new av just makes me smile!
Thanks, FunnyDuddies. :)

I'm glad to hear that you're increasing the time for your workouts and that your liquid diet is going well.

I did it, I did it!!!! I went and worked out at the gym this morning!!! My very first time.

Gosh, I guess only the people who seriously like to work out are there that early :) They all had better bodies than me. After about 10 minutes though, I tried to not think about that... and concentrate on feeling the burn! :success1:

I have NEVER been on an elliptical machine... boy...it just looks easy until you are on there for 5 minutes. I think I did really well for my first day!

HeatherGurl - The Elliptical is awesome huh? I think it makes us sweat more than the treadmill does. 5 minutes is an achievement, hell .....3 minutes on the stair stepper is a major achievement for me. Just think.... in a few weeks you'll be doing 45 minutes to an hour.

FunniDuddies, I'm glad you are doing really well. Keep up the great work ladybug. Drinking, exercising, walking the kids..(can't believe they can walk a mile without complaining as young as they are).

Also.. I use "DH" alot and I know it refers to "husband" but what the heck does the initials mean? Da Husband?? Duhh Husband?? De Husband? I don't want to be incorrect..

darling husband, darling daughter, and darling son. that is what DH, DD, and DS stand for.

Thanks all for the compliments and the support. I am so afraid to get on the scale tomorrow. I am almost ready to say "screw it" and not weigh in till the end.

Wow, everyone is doing so well! I wish I could get the motivation to exercise. I go a couple of times, then slack off for a week. I think I'm just lazy by nature. Work my brain all day long, but leave my poor body alone!

I saw my surgeon this morning. After reviewing my food logs (calories, Protein intake, portion sizes) and weight loss for the past two months, he said I don't need a fill. I was happy to hear that! Since my TOM has passed, my hunger has returned to normal and my ability to eat larger portions has decreases. Odd huh?

Anyway, I'm averaging a loss of a little over 12 pounds per month, which is above his expectation of 8 to 10 lbs per month. So... as the saying goes, 'If it aint broke, don't fix it!'

Funny - Im proud of you, sis. Hang in there and you will see good results. There's no way you won't!

I know I haven't been posting much lately. I've just not been in a talkative mood. Well, that and I've been watching my 2 yr old grandson everyday, all day. He's a sweetheart, no trouble at all but man does he wear me out!

Keep up the good work everyone, and remember - Tomorrow is weigh in day!

wow...who was that? :)

Glad to see you still on the planet. I know it is hard to have a little one dropped in your lap and expected to keep up like before. Just keep smiling and thinking about how cool it is to watch him grow. It is all that gets me through the day. LOL

If I have to go every day to the gym, so do you. get your butt away from the mystical world and move your body for an hour. :D only cause I love ya. and I aint going through this alone. HA!

Well, I am back to being able to eat everything!! :D Last night we went to dinner at a Mexican Restaurant. I ordered some chicken Tortilla Soup & ate it all. It was delicious!! I felt like I was starving! I tasted some of my husbands food & then ate a handful of chips & salsa. Then, everyone wanted dessert. I took one bite like a good bandster. :) But, I never felt full. I felt NOTHING!! I am getting very frustrated. I want a good restriction & can't seem to find it. I only had .2 taken out & can't believe that it would make this big of a difference.

My question is this: Do you all feel a good deal of restriction or do you rely on self-control the most? P'Nut - what does full feel like to you? Maybe I am expecting a different feeling then I am getting. I thought I had a good fill for 2 months & to me if felt like I got a golf ball in my throat aftering eating about a cup or so.

Now I'm just not sure anymore. :)

Hey everyone!! After 6 days of not eating and only drinking about 20 oz water/shakes a day I got fixed! I guess I'm one of those that the fill takes 2-3 weeks to "kick in". As much as I tried to blame it on that TOM, I couldn't take it any longer.

I am on vacation back in my hometown and had to go to the only LapBand doc that I could find here. She was soo hateful about my incisions and port location, practically making fun of my surgeon to me. He's done like 2,000 surgeries and she's done 15. But I didn't say anything. Some people just want to be hateful, I was just happy to have some relief. Anywhoo...

Diane- I got the .2 out today as well and am now at 1.8. I know you were happy to eat that tuna! And for me, I stop when I get that full golfball feeling as well, I hope that the "full" feeling doesn't change over time...I wouldn't know what to look for since I'm just getting trained to this feeling.

Tricia- Hope you're doing better now that you can eat/drink!

HeatherGurl- GOOD for you!! That elliptical will kick your butt, especially if you're not that coordinated...which is my problem. lol.

ANYWHOO...hope all is going well for everyone!!

:) Kristin

:) I had an apron removal in 1994 in New Jersey they cut off 10lbs ,I did it after I lost 80lbs with Nutra System. The recovery was not to bad I did have drains for a few days. But it was a big difference!!!!! I wish I did the band right after like your plan. Of course I gained my weight back and now I am on the way down again. My plastic surgeon costs with hospital and anestiga was well over $30,000.00 Insurance paid. Good Luck

Susan - great news on your average monthly weight loss. That's fantastic. I'm happy to hear that you're progressing well and that your doctor is pleased. And, remember that it only takes 21 days to make something a habit....so, get back to that gym.

Diane - When I had .3cc removed after my last "too restricted" episode, I went back to eating everything in sight....and lots of it. I just went back in today to have .2cc put back in. I'm hoping that this will be the level of restriction that I am used to. On another note, I don't really have any soft or hard stop but just get full. That's when I stop eating.

Kristin - I'm happy to hear that you've found some relief from the water/shakes drama.

:)