Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

17 Days post-op and Diarrhea???

Hello Everyone.

I am 17 days post-op and so far so good until the last 3-4 days of severe diarrhea.I have been on mushies since week 2 post op and have been eating cottage cheese and Beans etc every day and a few veggies.. NO sugars or carbs at all.I drink the Unjury shakes and Isopure Protein Shakes I stopped eating the beans just in case and still have tummy troubles with diarrhea and a lot of tummy rumbling. I called my Surgeon and the nurse caled me back saying the Doc said the band DOES NOT cause diarrhea and to re-evalute my eating ...hmmmmmm Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this..Thank you so much :wacko:

liquids in and liquids out

my dr ok'd me to be on immodium a d as i had the runs bad like you

i at 10 months post op keep a change of clothes at work just in case

stay hydrated because you are going #2 so much as its important..

i also started taking a probiotic to help even keel my insides...

but ask your dr if its okay to do those 2 things.

hang in there but stay hydrated

I agree with immodium!! I have always had diarreah my entire life until I stared eating better and cut out most processed foods.

I'm 9 days post op and my stomach is growling so loud, I scared my cat. I'm afraid to take anything for the runs because I keep hearing that Constipation is a big issue. It's also usually my issue, but since my surgery, I have been running to the bathroom. I have quite a ways to go before I can eat solid food. I have been taking chewable fiber tablets but they are not doing anything. Does this eventually stop?

On my papers for consent it's listed alone of the side effects of the stomach being empty. Since starting preop diet with the shakes I've had that problem.... Waiting to see what post op is like as I've only been on liquids so no bathroom use yet for number 2. Good luck!

I'm 9 days post op and my stomach is growling so loud' date=' I scared my cat. I'm afraid to take anything for the runs because I keep hearing that Constipation is a big issue. It's also usually my issue, but since my surgery, I have been running to the bathroom. I have quite a ways to go before I can eat solid food. I have been taking chewable Fiber tablets but they are not doing anything. Does this eventually stop?[/quote']

Well i sure hope it stops!!! The stomach growling is unbelievable too!!! My dentist asked me when the last time I ate was since it was sooooo loud!!! I took one look at him and said"does it look like I don't eat???? I was constipated the first week on liquids but its running (literally) the other direction!!! Good luck to us CanCan

liquids in and liquids out

my dr ok'd me to be on immodium a d as i had the runs bad like you

i at 10 months post op keep a change of clothes at work just in case

stay hydrated because you are going #2 so much as its important..

i also started taking a probiotic to help even keel my insides...

but ask your dr if its okay to do those 2 things.

hang in there but stay hydrated

Thank you Carolina!!! You always make me feel so not alone in this journey!!!

Thank you Carolina!!! You always make me feel so not alone in this journey!!!

you are never alone ......me and others are right here for ya..just gimme a shout :)

hang in there okay sweetie