Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just had surgery yesterday morning, I'm honestly feeling pretty well. My Doctor, Michael Choi, has been great in explaining what to expect but also warned me about how its different for everyone. Day 2 of my surgery, I am still on liquid diet, which I thought was going to be a lot harder to handle, although I am counting the hours were I can move on to adding some consistency and curious to see how my body handles that. I am experiencing some pain from the gas, mostly in the shoulder and back area. I was prescribed Percocet but I'm not sure if I should be taking it for this kind of pain, I mean, its helped somewhat but I don't think its meant for that, is it? Well, I am taking beano now, hopefully that will go better. I obviously weighted my self this morning, after a whole day of nothing but liquids it was somewhat disappointing to see that I hadn't lost a single pound. I know I shouldn't weigh my self everyday, but I couldn't help it. I have my first post op appointment on Monday. Any pointers I can get will be great. I am looking forward to losing the weight and keeping it off which is why I decided to go with the lap band surgery. I've always been chubby, but in the past few years I went from 240 lbs to 160 lbs. This not only took me several years (7 years to be exact) but a rollercoaster of ups and downs, so many different diets, pills, you name it I tried it. in the past 2 years I've been up and down too many times, from 160 to 190 with what seemed like no effort at all. then back on a diet to lose those 30 lbs would get me as close as 15 or 20lbs less, giving up shortly after to only put the weight back on. Not to mention that I exercise a lot. I love spinning and kickboxing, I also enjoy yoga and zumba from time to time. Once I decided to move forward with the lap band surgery I stopped working out and ate everything and anything I thought I might never eat again, causing a whooping 10lb gain in less than two weeks. I went in to surgery weighing 195lbs. I am 5'5 and my goal is to reach 145lbs. I think the last time I weighed that I was 15 years old; today I am 42 years old and that number always seemed very far fetched. I am very scared about the complications that can occur, like band slipping and such; and the idea of food coming back up and having to force vomit to clear the opening from food that wasn't chewed enough gives me a bit of panic.

Congrats on the surgery and the beginning of a new and better life.

But, why worry about slippage and food coming back up? May never happen if you follow the rules.

tmf

thank you so much. you are right.

Congrats!! Just a little comment. Can you please break your post up into paragraphs next time? Its really hard to read. I saw you are using beano you might want to try gas-x. Hope you feel better soon!!

Take it day by day. Percocet will not help gas and may cause Constipation which make the tummy feel worse. liquid tylenol should help. Try Gasx as well. The best thing for the surgery gas is walking and swinging your arms. This too shall pass. Welcome to the journey!

I tried breaking it up in paragraphs and for some reason I couldn't. I promise I'll try nxt time.

I've been taking gas x and it seems to help. I think I overdid my afternoon walk bc I got tired and sore.

Last but not least, I don't know if its my head playing games with me but I feel hungry. I haven't cheated but just saying, food smells so delish...

I wouldn't worry too much about being a perfect writer.

This is a forum to pour your weight related thoughts into and to ask questions and get feedback about the band.

It's not a creative writing class.

You should be proud of your accomplishments.

This surgery is very difficult.

Good Luck

I'm on day 4 and feel very hungry. Is that normal? I still have that o ain in the shoulder and I'm supposed to go back to work tomorrow... I feel like I just want to eat..what can I do?