Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Junior Guru' date='

Can you keep me up to date on how everythimg goes with the TT because I am going to need one also.

Dr Naim was also my surgeon and I was wondering if he was doing your TT[/quote']

Yes he is

Sorry for my ignorance and I'm not trying to offend anyone when I ask this, but if you are still reaching for your weight loss goal, why would you do a TT now while you are still trying to lose weight? Or would you just get another one done later? I know I need one and just looking to see what others have done/are doing.

I can only speak for myself, but because I've lost over 200 pounds and my tummy apron is so big it interferes with my daily activity. Plus, I have some rather large hernias that need to be fixed so my doctor is doing it all at once.

My doc says with the amount of weight I still have to lose, as long as I work to keep my tummy tone it will shrink right along with me.

I can only speak for myself' date=' but because I've lost over 200 pounds and my tummy apron is so big it interferes with my daily activity. Plus, I have some rather large hernias that need to be fixed so my doctor is doing it all at once.

My doc says with the amount of weight I still have to lose, as long as I work to keep my tummy tone it will shrink right along with me.[/quote']

At the end of the day it's up to u

I can only speak for myself' date=' but because I've lost over 200 pounds and my tummy apron is so big it interferes with my daily activity. Plus, I have some rather large hernias that need to be fixed so my doctor is doing it all at once.

My doc says with the amount of weight I still have to lose, as long as I work to keep my tummy tone it will shrink right along with me.[/quote']

Mis73 can't wait

congrats to both of you.

I can't wait for my day to come

Thank you both, that makes sense in both cases.

I had my pics taken on Monday and I'm scheduled for surgery on May 1st.

So... I am assuming they're not anticipating any approval problems between now and then.

Which insurance

Which insurance

Medicare. I exceed their requirements.

It seems most require a weight loss of 100 pounds, documented skin rashes, and/or for the tummy apron to hang below the pubic line.

Of course there are variations but those are the most common requirements

Interesting thread...

I wonder if my BCBS will approve this if I lose 100 lbs

This is done under general anesthesia I assume?

What is the pubic line? I think I can guess what it is, but a quick google search didn't confirm my suspicion

Thats what I figured :)

I'm thinking of doing this surgery (I already have some skin hanging by my lower abdomen, but I'm deathly afraid of general anesthesia :o :o :o )