Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, I was banded as an outpatient this morning at 8am. According to the Dr and nurses, I had an uneventful surgery, which I'm very thankful for. I think I got a small primer fill during the surgery and my post-op appt is scheduled for next week.

I did wake up with horrible gas pains in my chest. The guy next to me didn't have any gas pain, so it's different for everyone. I walked several laps in the surgery area and took gas-x, but there wasn't much relief. I stayed in the recovery area for 3 hours and then decided to suck it up and go home.

The ride home went well.... I totally recommend holding a pillow to your stomach while riding in the car.

Got home, took Tylenol and anti-nausea meds and napped on my couch. I have finally been able to burp a little and that has released so much of the pressure. I have horrible cotton mouth that started before the surgery.... I think it's from the anti-nausea patch behind my ear. But, I will take cotton mouth over throwing up any day of the week.

I'm very glad I went through with the surgery. I lost 20# in my 2-week pre-op, so I know I can do this. I just need to keep an eye on the prize and ignore the mind hunger if it crops up.

Good luck to everyone out there! Reading the threads on this board really helped me to get the full details ahead of time. If anyone has questions, feel free to ask. :)

You are so close.. I hope your surgery goes smoothly!

Update... it's been 24hrs since surgery and I feel 10x better than yesterday. I have slight gas pains in my chest still, but they are so much better than yesterday. I feel like I've done 300 situps when I move, but it's really not very painful. I was able to sleep on my back and my non-port side with no issue... I even slept for 10 hours last night!

I'm on Clear Liquids (broth, Jello, sf popsicles, and calorie free drinks). I'm not hungry at all and I'm working to stay occupied while I'm at home.

I work 12 hour shifts and although my job isn't very physical, it is stressful. I took 2 weeks off from work just to be on the safe side. I really need to be 100% in order to do my job and since I have the available sick time, I decided to use it.

Thanks for all your kind words and encouragement!

Good Luck! Follow my lap band blog www.biscuitsandexcuses.blogspot.com

Congratulations on becoming a Bandster and you did the right thing IMHO by taking the two weeks off. I really was grateful not to have to go back to work quickly...my energy was all over the place post op.

You are so close.. I hope your surgery goes smoothly!

Thank you. I went for my pre-op admission this morning. I am so excited. I have a count down app on my phone. They morning of surgery it will go off and start playing the Chains are Gone, I have been set free.

i was banded yesterday 4/16. gas pain and pressure up in my shoulders is starting to get to me. still thrilled that i did it!!!!!!! cant wait for first weigh in. hope all is well with you

Kelley.. congratulations!! I totally feel your pain with the gas. It does get better! I was able to drink around 32oz today and I ate Jello and had a couple of popsicles. I only had about 150 calories, but my nutritionist said that I'm making good progress. Strangely enough, I'm excited to have my first post-op Protein Shake tomorrow. Good luck with Day 2!!!

Good to see you all are doing so great !! I was banded April 2 an as the days go by everyday you will continue to get better... Congrats on your new journey