Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey just wondering can we have chips if so what kind??

Nothing nutritious in them, but I have some of the Ruffles 1/2 calorie made with O'Lean occasionally. I've heard the O'lean doesn't set well with some people, but I don't eat a whole bag of them at once... a handful or so a couple times a week. I've told my NUT I probably won't ever give up chips completely, but even the amount of chips are limited by my band....now. Everything in moderation. :)

Ok thx

this is a diet check out diets online and see what they suggest if anything

You CAN eat anything, but not everything is good for you. chips are generally empty calories. Try carrot sticks instead. All the crunch, none of the fat!

I found some soy chips that have some Protein as well as Special K brand ones that have a lil protein. Don't have them often and limit to 100 calorie snack but I am at least getting some protein.

Soy chips. They come in different flavors and they are allowed as a Protein

Since being banded and as I moved towards the green zone, my taste and interests in certain foods has, (still is) changed...there are some foods I used to love but now have absolutely no taste, therefore no interest in anymore....

chips happen to be one of those foods. If I see them, I 'll grab a few, pop one in my mouth then realize I really don't want it....

Ironically I now eat different types of crackers, all the time......and crackers are just about the only thing in the breads I will eat anymore.

yummy crunchy/salty chips....do you know how many bags of bbq chips i can eat...add in some coors light and we gots a party...highly processed, full of salt, high fat.....a easy/cheap slider food...nothing wrong with having them every so often in wee amounts (tara was right with the 100 cal packs).. but like my grammy said, pieces of fruit/veggies are a better option....

Thx y'all for y'all suggestions

You can make homemade baked zucchini chips! I found a great recipe on pinterest. Season them however you like. As long as you make the slices small enough, they bake up nice and crispy and are great with dips!

I buy the special K cracker chips, and have half a serving if I'm needing a chip fix. One serving is 27 chips , so half is perfect for me. I usually include them as part of a meal, and will top them with chicken or tuna salad.< /p>

Maybe it's the salt you r craving not the chip have you tried saltine crackers they give you the crunch you need and the salt you crave

I don't see why not if you can limit yourself to a very small amount, my belief is if you crave something ( good or bad) just have a small amount and be done with it otherwise you will cave in in a not so good way if you constantly crave a food then overdo it.

I've eaten probably a handful in the ten months I've been banded and they weren't as good as I remembered.