Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Honest questions

A) I am drinking not sipping. I am not a sipper. Is this going to be a serious issue for my success?

:( My doctors post surgery diet is surprisingly unrestricted. I am able to have softfoods and build up to tuna and Fish by this next Monday, when I am two weeks post op. chicken and Beef last. Steak WAAAY last. (I don't eat much beef anyway)

Issue is I am honestly thinking bad bad bad thoughts. If I eat I will gain. = Don't eat. Well, what if I take diet pills too?! = You will loose weight dummy!!

How on earth did I pass the psych eval people?!?!?!? I am crazy!

1. The sipping isn't that big of a deal. It's just us trying to get folks to slow down. If you gulp & get extra air, you'll have more gas & post-op gas pains just don't need any extra help!

2. Most people do gain a little when they go back on food. My advice is just to take the hit. Seriously. You don't want your body to go into starvation mode... that will hinder the weight loss even more.

So take the hit now, expect it... forgive yourself before it happens. Try to not weigh all the time during the first 6 weeks. Be nice to yourself & keep moving your bod. The more movement the better.

You're doing great!! Hang in there! :(

I was drinking, even chugging, until after my second or third fill. You are not going to hurt yourself, but there will come a point when you just can't take it in as quickly.

And I have nothing to add to Janet's advice about solids and weight gain (or weight-loss-stall). DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT!!! You are already way ahead of the game, and this is all about your health not numbers on a scale. Just be good to yourself, take the solid food slowly, and stay calm!

MelAnne...tsk tsk tsk!!! You are having way too much time on your hands!! When do you go back to work!! LOL

First of all....grrrrr....count your blessings....after my first week of clear fluids, I have to do TWO weeks of "full fluids" followed by TWO Weekies of mushies before I can even consider solids. But, I think in the long run that will be too my advantage!!

You are doing fine....I agree with Janet, we'll have to take the weight gain hit at some point...knowing that it is just a step in the long journey of when it WILL come off and STAY off!!! :()

I was worried about being able to drink a lot of Water because I'm prone to bladder infections, but I've been fine. I can still drink a 6-oz. glass at a time...I just do it more often. I fill a 2-quart jug every night before I go home and then drink it the next day...hopefully it's all gone by the time I leave work. I've only had 2 fills, and maybe that will change as I get more restricted, but for now it's fine.

Emily

I really can't give you any better advice than anyone else, other than to agree with it.

Many people stop losing as they progress to solid foods, and some people gain. The thing to understand, is that most people are not really restricted with just the placing of the band, so you are able to eat (up to) as much as you did before without any issues. Lots of people make the CHOICE not to eat this much, but plenty of people eat what they can and wait for the band to help them, which it will when they start getting fills. Neither of those methods is wrong, it just depends on when you want to start losing. But do remember that not eating wont help you much either, because in the long run, it'll just fudge up your metabolism. :bananadoggywow:

Thank you all for your very kind and helpful words of absolute wisdom.

I know what you to say to be true and sound.

I had some of the Pintos and cheese from Taco Bell last nite, and tonight I had some green Beans in cream of mushroom Soup. I had vegtable Soup (Broth) for lunch.

I am walking.

I can not do the protien drinks. YUCK

I am drinking as much Water as I can, with is 1 16oz bottle a day.

I am not a coffee drinker, and had a 6oz cup of Decaf this morning to settle my stomach.

I know I need to work on more, and wise choices.

I know I am going to have to deal with the hit of weight gain too.

Every reward is worth the journey and lessons learned to earn it.

Thank you again for being there for me. I am honestly greatful for your replies.