Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stuck or too much?

Hey

I had quite a large lunch on Monday which filled me up and made me feel sore in the tummy.

So it's now Thursday lunch and I haven't felt the urge to eat anything and I still feel bloated and full.

I haven't vomited or spit up I have burped quite a bit and I haven't eaten anything at all. There was one time when a tiny bit of vomit came up the back of my throat but went back down.

I have been drinking Water and a bit if juice with no issues.

Do you think it's just taking time to go through or there may be a bit that's too large that can't go through causing issues?

I have a doctors appointment next week, but what should I do in the meantime?

I was banded in January this year and have his no other problems at all.

I have also lost 16kg (35pounds)

Hard to know since you've not filled in your profile? Are you banded or one week out or what?

I would say at least drink Protein Shakes. You need to get Protein and Vitamins for energy and weight loss. Drink Water also. I would avoid fruit juice. Empty calories, sugar, and the acid could be irritating your tummy. In my opinion, not having an appetite is a good thing. In my experience, if something is stuck and won't go through, I know within minutes. It hurts until it goes through or comes up. The longest I've had something stuck just hurting, not going up or down is maybe 30-45 minutes. Maybe you have swelling and don't feel hungry. Definately keep your doctor appointment and be honest about what you ate, how much, and how you feel. Again, this is my experience and everyone is different. But do drink protein shakes at least. :)

For me personally, when i'm stuck boy do I feel it! There is never a question in my mind...

But if you're not sure, sip some cold Water and pay attention as it goes down. You should be able to feel it going down if you're not stuck. If you ARE stuck, the Water will sit in the back of your throat.

If you're stuck you must get an immediate unfill, as tyou don't wanna stretch your stoma

It's difficult to tell what your problem is without more information.

Are you measuring 1/2-1 cup of food that includes 3 oz dense lean Protein and low carb veggies?

Is your food cut into m&m sized pieces?

Do you eat slowly, taking 20-30 min to finish your meal, chewing 15-25 times per bite?

Do you stop eating when you get a soft stop sign (hiccup, sigh, runny nose, twinge in your shoulder) even if there is food remaining?

If not, you are setting yourself up for complications.