Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery on 2-28-13 had my first fill 3-25-13 and I still eating normal dont feel any restriction I can eat any thing, I have 4cc in a 10 cc band! I feel like I'm gaining instead of losing, I'm so sad, is this normal?? I weigh the same no loss at all, I see him in 2 weeks and feel ashamed and that I let him down :(..... What do I do? Does it not work for some people, I am so glad I never told nobody I got Lapband , they would be laughing at me for being so stupid

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

I had my surgery on 2-28-13 had my first fill 3-25-13 and I still eating normal dont feel any restriction I can eat any thing' date=' I have 4cc in a 10 cc band! I feel like I'm gaining instead of losing, I'm so sad, is this normal?? I weigh the same no loss at all, I see him in 2 weeks and feel ashamed and that I let him down :(..... What do I do? Does it not work for some people, I am so glad I never told nobody I got Lapband , they would be laughing at me for being so stupid

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk[/quote']

Add more Protein to your diet, remember to not give up that is what got us here. You are strong and have come so far. Maybe get the unflavored Protein to add to your drinks. Limit any bad habits you may have taken back up if any. Maybe keep a journal of the food and see what may not be best. Hopefully that helps!!

I was feeling the same until yesterday when I went for my post op check up. Just eat the Protein you are suppose to eat and drink plenty of Water, and keep exercising. Try not to weigh everyday.( that can be discouraging) Don't give up!!! we all get in a slump once in awhile.

You likely don't have adequate Fluid in your band yet because it takes most people multiple fills before they do.

However, do not expect the band to physically stop you from eating anything. That's not it's job. The band is there to control your hunger and allow you to feel satisfied on less food not control what and how much you eat. It will always be your job to make good food choices and control your portions.

Here's a link I think will help you considerably: http://drsimpson.net/fills/Lap-band-eating/lap-band-not-restriction/lap-band-and-restriction.html

Remember, weight loss boils down to simple math. If you consume less calories than you burn than you lose weight.

Best wishes.

I was banded the same day. Do you keep a journal of everything you put in your mouth or log onto myfitnesspal.com? It really does help. Also, make sure you get plenty of Protein, that is what helped me when I slumped. Missy is right, I could probably eat more then my portion or what I want, but I eat a cup of food and wait a little while and usually I don't want anymore food. Try measuring out your portions and sticking to that. I hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck. It is gonna work for you! Also, are you exercising? That is my biggest contributor to losing the pounds. You got this!

I was banded 2-22-13, and also in the same predicament. I just started adding excersise into my daily routine, so I'm hoping this will also help. I do eat alot of Protein and drink alot of Water, but I still don't feel that I'm losing and also feel like I'm not doing something right and a failure. Any support is greatly appreciated.

I was banded 2-22-13, and also in the same predicament. I just started adding excersise into my daily routine, so I'm hoping this will also help. I do eat alot of Protein and drink alot of Water, but I still don't feel that I'm losing and also feel like I'm not doing something right and a failure. Any support is greatly appreciated.

Don't lose focus on the prize at the end of all the work. Your scale can be your worst enemy. Keep doing what you are doing and you will start to see subtle changes in your body. Good Luck and Stay Posistive!! :)

Thanks Jackie W!

Really agree with what's been written, especially the exercise. I have a bike in my BR and first thing every morning I ride it for at least 20 min. Also I front end Protein for every meal in that I eat it first before anything else. Hang in there.

I am finding the same frustrations. This is my 4th week post op. I have not had a fill yet. I feel hungry a lot. Even though I eat mainly Protein at meals. My old weaknesses are still there. I go to the doc next week for my first fill. I'm hoping he will release me to do more exercise too. I too have been feeling like this attempt has been no different than the 1400 other times I tried to "diet".

Besides everything every one else has said I also found a mentor on this site. I have a friend who had surgery a few weeks before me. He helps me, answers questions, and is encouraging. I love the boards but I'm so glad I found someone to talk things over with.