Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need your strength today.

Help! I started my period today. I'm sure it's all in my head but I want to eat anything and everything. I'm actually sitting here thinking about where I can go to find something I want to gorge on. I have SF FF chocolate pudding in the fridge and I'm still thinking about going to somewhere HORRIBLE like Long John Silver for fried fish and hushpuppies.

Help. Someone stop me!

I can relate even though I'm preband....I just finished myself and couldn't eat enough Ore Ida FF's. If I had the band, I would have made myself sick eating that.....don't do it!!! It's not worth it. Stay home and eat what you have there. pudding sounds goooood....yummy!! Really, I mean that. I love the stuff.

STAY STRONG!!!

sweety you can do this.

something that i do when i am really hungry like that is to go and drink a couple of glasses of hot Water. maybe even hot tea. This fills the tummy with warmth, which makes you feel full. it also helps to wash away any acid that may be triggering a little hunger, and the saliva that triggers hunger. The head hunger...you just have to fight it. and keep in mind how much you deserve to be healthy and thin. look around on the internet at workout sights, or even modelling sites. look at pics of skinny people!! LOL that is also something that really helps me to keep focused.

Well I can relate, my periods are messed up and have been pretty much on for 2 days off for 2 days for the last 3 weeks!!! It makes it hard. Just remember, your body can handle a few extra calories at this time. Get some gortons fish filets, non breaded and splurge with some tartar sauce. Nally brand has only 1carb per serving. And for chocolate attacks do semisweet choclate chips. It's amazing how just a few of those will satisfy your need. DO NOT GO OUT TO EAT!!! Thie serving sizes they give you will be very hard to resist and you will end up PB'ing in the bathroom at the restaurant.

Maybe I should make myself PB so I'll learn a hard lesson? I know, that's just as crazy. I just need to get a grip here.

Since I started this thread I've eaten an ounce of Planter's Peanuts (stale - I've had them since before my surgery - yuck) and now I've moved on to Light ice cream (I'm just having a couple of spoons though).

PUT THE ICE CREAM DOWN!!! STEP AWAY FROM THE ICE CREAM!!!

I know how hard it is to control hunger when it is that time of the month. maybe you should try working out. it will get the blood flowing, and maybe even tire you out. What are you doing besides eating? are you just on the computer? It might be boredom that has caused you to do this.

Thanks Amy,

I've put it down - and I'm calling that lunch. I'm sure I'll have some extra calories on my FitDay today but I think I'm back in control. For the next few minutes anyway! I'm going to log off the computer and get out of the house for a little while. A walk sounds good.

OK. I know that's what I'm supposed to say but what I really want to do is go to some restaurant and order two dinners and just forego the fork, lower my head into my plates and gorge myself! What is wrong with me?

OK, OK. I'm going for the walk. Thanks again.

I love you, DonnaB! You sound sooo much like me!

You can do this!! Good job getting out of the house! And walking instead of driving (so you don't end up at a restaurant). Keep fighting it!!

If you're craving salt... maybe try some meat with soy sauce on it or something? Or a few baked chips? I know it's not the best choice... but it might help, and it's better then LJS!

(( Hugs!! )) 7 days... just hang in there 7 days!! You can do it!

LOL,

I hear ya Donna...I've only been banded for 4 days and all day all I can think about it chips & dip....*sigh*....as if I would even physically be able to eat those!! I keep telling myself to get thru just the next minute...needless to say I'm getting sick of hearing myself say that!!!

Like you, I crave the saltys, not the sweets.

Anyways, it sounds like you are back in control....I HOPE SO!!! If not, get some tape and tape your lips shut!!!...or put a padlock on the "treats cupboard" and swallow the key!!! (ewwww!).

Seriously...STAY STRONG!!!!! If you fold, I might follow suite and I don't WANNA!!!!!!

You can do it, you can do it, you can do it....WE can do it!!!

Do you have any bullion cubes in the house? I know when I was on Optifast, this was lifesaver for me. Since I'm preband, I have NO idea if this is a good thing or not. I know I bought the Herb Ox brand b/c it has a lower sodium amt than the other brands. Those dog-gone periods are rough on a body. :phanvan

Good luck ~ You have many here that are cheering you on!!

:confused:

Hugs Donna!

I hope that walk was a good one. Great job at taking your negative desires and turning them into positive action!! (I hope you didn't walk to the nearest fast food joint! I know how hard it is...)

Do you feel a sense of accomplishment from exercise? I hope so.

You can do this. You really can.

Hugs!!