Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling out of control

I am on mushies transitioning into soft solids like white fish. But I was so hungry after not having anything but liquids for so long that i ate 5 fish filets!!!! OMGOSH That is so much, needless to say I have no restriction now that the swelling is down. As far as I can tell I am not losing anything right now. I am far more carb sensitive than calorie sensitive. And mushies are full of carbs! Help, does anyone have any ideas for high Protein, 0 carb mushies/soft solids? Is tuna fish and canned salmon soft enough mixed with a little mayo? If it is I am so sending my husband to the store right

away!

I feel like such a failure right now and 4 weeks to my first fill :think

tuna is an excellent choice. I mixed 2 Tbs of fat free thousand island dressing in mine, rather than mayo and relish.

Even though you could eat a lot of fish, as long as it isn't breaded, don't worry about it. Fish is an excellent source of Protein and won't do you any harm.

Here are some foods I ate during the mushie stage:

Bean with bacon Soup

Cottage cheese and peaches or applesauce (use lite or sugar free fruit and low fat cottage cheese)

Frozen peas and carrots (boiled until soft)

oatmeal (I use 1 tsp of real butter and splenda in mine)

Very thin sliced deli ham with low fat or fat free cream cheese lightly spread onto the ham then rolled up

Mashed potatoes (bake a potato in the microwave, scrape out the fluffy insides with a fork, top with 1 tsp real butter)

If I think of more, I'll come back and add them. If you are getting 60-100 grams of protein per day, and you are staying in the 800-1,000 calorie range then don't worry too much about your carbs from the veggies, fruit and oatmeal.

And don't feel like a failure! For goodness sake. This isn't even the time to be worried about weightloss and food quantities. That will begin once you get a fill. My Dr. told me that until I got that fill, I would be able to eat just like I could before banding - although I shouldn't do that! You're doing just fine. It's natural to be hungry after all this time of only having liquids. It will settle down soon, trust me. ;)

Hang in there Molly; I think you're doing great!! I'm learning from you and your posts too since since I'm just a few days behind you.

Keep your chin up.....

I even have some baby food on hand for when I start the mushie stage....I"ll let you know how it goes!

Thanks guys ;)

I needed that bit of support today. I know the last two days i was more in 1500 calorie range, and I am ashamed to say the filets were breaded. I told my hubby in the future we can't buy the breaded ones. And for me, I have insulin issues, if I eat any carbs at all from a non veggie source my body produces large excesses of insulin. Then my body turns all those little carbs into stored fat. I am actually one of those people who's weight gain isn't entirely my fault, mostly, but not entirely. I did after all eat the doritos with sour cream when I would PMS after all. Insulin issues or not, I did choose to eat the junk that made it all far worse.

But this is a new life without the junk!:clap2:

And I can do this :)

Oh and Yoda, my advice to you would be to not eat the baby food in front of your hubby. If he is anything like mine he will get grossed out. I grossed mine out a few times on the combos of foods I'd put in the blender. The one that really did it was refried Beans, cottage cheese a little taco seasoning and a little bit of milk to thin it out.

Oh waterlily you are doing a great job you can do it. Sf pudding, fudgesicles and popsicles can take the edge off sometimes until you figure out what to eat. It is not easy. Potato Soup was my favorite during the mushies. Hey try a baked tortilla chip with fat free sour cream or salsa. They go down well and less calories then the doritos.

Keep up the good work!!!

What abour fat-free refried Beans? I did them (with some hot sauce) and it was so filling and satisfying.

Cottage cheese with fruit or cheese.

Applesauce

Can't think of anything else now.

But don't be too hard on yourself. 1500 calories/day is not bad for this phase. You are in the healing stage. You can reduce the calories when you get your fill.

Oh and Yoda, my advice to you would be to not eat the baby food in front of your hubby. If he is anything like mine he will get grossed out. I grossed mine out a few times on the combos of foods I'd put in the blender. The one that really did it was refried Beans, cottage cheese a little taco seasoning and a little bit of milk to thin it out.

LOL: I'll remember that Molly! Although, he had a lot of fun picking them out with me (we have no kids!) so I think he is actually looking forward to trying them!!! Oh and by the way, he is a chef!!! LOL.