Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good Frozen Dinner??? Yes!

I'm not a fan of Lean Cusine or WW frozen dinners, but I occasionally eat them when my dh is out of town and I don't want to cook for one.

Well, I've finally found some that I like and look forward to eating instead of just eating them because I'm feeling lazy. The Atkins brand meals are REALLY, REALLY good!! They are more expensive than LC and WW, but they are so worth it. The two I've tried have 22 grams and 16 grams of Protein.

Just wanted to share a food tip!

Most Healthy type of frozen meals contain a lot of rice or pasta...2 things I no longer eat with the band.....nor meat, or breaded fried foods.....so I am still looking.....

I am a very picky eater now....unlike before

How about the sodium levels?

How about the sodium levels?

I haven't tried them, but I just looked on their website and they average about 10-1100 mg of sodium, when I looked on the lean cuisine site they were in the 6-700 range. Frankly, either one is more sodium than I prefer.

i think having them every so often and in a pinch isnt bad, but def processed with means sodium and other additives...

I'm not a fan of Lean Cusine or WW frozen dinners, but I occasionally eat them when my dh is out of town and I don't want to cook for one.

Well, I've finally found some that I like and look forward to eating instead of just eating them because I'm feeling lazy. The Atkins brand meals are REALLY, REALLY good!! They are more expensive than LC and WW, but they are so worth it. The two I've tried have 22 grams and 16 grams of Protein.

Just wanted to share a food tip!

can i ask how much for one? sorry to be nosey...

Frist, B52, no rice or Pasta... I had the Beef Merlot, which was beef and broccoli, and the crustless chicken pot pie, which was just chicken and veggies in a very tasty sauce. I don't have a problem with Water retention, so I concentrate on calories, fat grams and Protein,and don't really pay a lot of attention to soidum

As CG said, it's just a once in a while thing... not a daily habit! Oh, and they run about $3.50ish

I think they are fine as a fill in. Definitely better than a lot of things I can think of!

I agree... once in a while it sure beats getting take out or canned foods. ;)

Also, one thing that works well for me is I bought several rubbermaid 1.2 cup containers. When I make a meal, I will often make extra so I divide them into my 1 cup servings/containers and put them in the freezer. For those nights I don't want to cook or for quick lunch I can grab for work it helps a lot. I get a healthy and tasty meal ~ made by ME! :)

Thanks for sharing your tip as well.

I often cook big pots or skillet recipes and freeze half cup servings. Awesome to know they are there when I need them.