Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just scheduled my surgery for May 6th! My nutrition class is scheduled for April 15th. It finally is sinking in that this is really going to happen. I am FINALLY going to take control back over my life. I just want to be healthy. I want to be sitting in the crowd while my 5 year old son graduates college. I want to be a better example of living a healthy life for my son and my Godson. I don't want to die in my 40's or 50's of a heart attack. I was diagnosed with high blood pressure at 26, sleep apnea at 27. Now I'm 28 and I have had enough problems due to my weight. It's time to prevent future problems and start the rest of my life! I WILL be successful at this. I suck at diets. They don't work. I need something more than a diet. I NEED this surgery and th lifestyle that it demands! I appreciate any advice and help that you guys offer me as I go through this journey to a healthier me!

how exciting, a date for YOU

this is sooo awesome,

advice:

be patient

dont compare to others losses (we all different)

follow your doctors instructions pre and post op

and always be a tarheel fan

Lol @ always be a tarheel fan. I don't really watch much college basketball, except my wife's alma mater University of Dayton (you've probably never even heard of them Lol). So I can root for the Tar Heels for you!

I have learned a lot from this site and hope to continue to learn from others journeys. Thanks for the advice!

You sound as if your head is in the right place, and honestly, that's the battle half won right there. The mental part of this is the most important and the most difficult. Always remember why you've made this decision, especially on then difficult days, and I predict you'll be a huge ... er, make that a "tiny" ... success! :D

Thanks! I look forward to being a "tiny" success :)

I am sure you will do wonderful we are all here for support because even though or family loves us dearly they will never know what we are going through like these people that have had the same thing done. I was blessed to stumble upon this sight. I am not banded yet but will be next week if everything goes as planned . so welcome and enjoy the new journey an life changes

Congrats! I'm scheduled for May 6th as well.

ANewMe428

Awesome! May 6th is OUR day!!

Congrats! I'm scheduled for May 6th as well.

ANewMe428

Congrats on your upcoming date

Just scheduled my surgery for May 6th! My nutrition class is scheduled for April 15th. It finally is sinking in that this is really going to happen. I am FINALLY going to take control back over my life. I just want to be healthy. I want to be sitting in the crowd while my 5 year old son graduates college. I want to be a better example of living a healthy life for my son and my Godson. I don't want to die in my 40's or 50's of a heart attack. I was diagnosed with high blood pressure at 26' date=' sleep apnea at 27. Now I'm 28 and I have had enough problems due to my weight. It's time to prevent future problems and start the rest of my life! I WILL be successful at this. I suck at diets. They don't work. I need something more than a diet. I NEED this surgery and th lifestyle that it demands! I appreciate any advice and help that you guys offer me as I go through this journey to a healthier me![/quote']

Congrats! You will do great!!!

Yes... OUR day!!! We're gonna do GREAT!!!

ANewMe428