Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just had a second fill today. I have a total of 7.2cc in me now. The doctor says im really restricted now. We will see. I have been losing 2.5 pounds a week. He said that was good but I was expecting more.

I feel like Im losing weight slowly than all the other stories Im reading. But I realize everyone is different. :(. Im working hard at the gym with my trainer, so I will tell her we need to beef it up.

What are your experiences?

Better lower your expectations. 2.5 is way above average and will most likely drop. I'm not sure what stories you've been reading but 28 lbs in 6 weeks is incredible.

I think that you are doing wonderful. Having steady gradual weight loss is the healthiest way to lose. Keep up with what you are doing. Everyone has a different body type. Do compare your results with anyone else. Your success is your victory alone.

@2 much fun, I work out 4 days a week. I guess its all about trial and error. @Bobbie its hard not to compare. I have to stay focused. I have a goal to reach, so Im on it. The doc just raised my restriction and I have a doc appt in a month. So we will see. I can see some results but I realize it takes time and stressing is not going to make the process go any faster. Thanks guys.

#Banded 2/5

FYI-You have to burn 3500 calories to lose 1 lb of fat. If you keep to a 1000 calorie a day intake, and you burn 1600 with daily activity plus another 400 via exercise, you will burn 1000 more than you consume. 1000 X 7 days= 7000/3500=2 lbs a week.

That's a hefty schedule to keep up with as we all fall off the wagon on occasion and it's hard to work out 7 days a week. I was reading where one forum member, Catfish I think, was doing this so it can be done.

Comparing yourself to others without knowledge of their weight, where they are in their journey and lifestyles won't do you any good. Compare yourself to you, one week or one month ago. You're doing so much better than most.

tmf

@toomuchfun, thank you for that info and insight. This is why I registered for positive support from people who are going through the same thing.

Thanks again

I think you are doing very well! Keep up the good work!

FYI-You have to burn 3500 calories to lose 1 lb of fat. If you keep to a 1000 calorie a day intake, and you burn 1600 with daily activity plus another 400 via exercise, you will burn 1000 more than you consume. 1000 X 7 days= 7000/3500=2 lbs a week.

That's a hefty schedule to keep up with as we all fall of the wagon on occasion and it's hard to work out 7 days a week. I was reading where one forum member, Catfish I think, was doing this so it can be done.

Comparing yourself to others without knowledge of their weight, where they are in their journey and lifestyles won't do you any good. Compare yourself to you, one week or one month ago. You're doing so much better than most.

tmf

Thanks for this formula it is great to have!

Just had a second fill today. I have a total of 7.2cc in me now. The doctor says im really restricted now. We will see. I have been losing 2.5 pounds a week. He said that was good but I was expecting more.

I feel like Im losing weight slowly than all the other stories Im reading. But I realize everyone is different. :(. Im working hard at the gym with my trainer' date=' so I will tell her we need to beef it up.

What are your experiences?[/quote']

You are losing. I am losing very slowly. I work out 4 to 6 times a week at the gym. My measurements are going down and that makes me happy. My weight has finally changed today by less than one pound in about month. But my size clothes have gone down. So there are different ways to measure losses. any loss is better than a gain. My doctor is happy with my progress and I am.

You ate doing amazingly well! I am disabled and don't have the pleasure of going to a gym. My exercise is limited due to my disability. Having said that I was banded on 12/28/12. I have lost 34 lbs so far between pre-op and post-op. I have not found that proverbial "sweetspot" so many people talk about. I think I felt like I had a sweetspot while I was healing. I don't feel any restriction per se but just stop eating when I mentally feel I am eating too much.

My surgeon feels that considering my physical limitations that I'm doing well losing a pound per week. I'd love two pounds per week but as long as I have a persistent weight loss I'll take it.

Keep up your good work'

You ate doing amazingly well! I am disabled and don't have the pleasure of going to a gym. My exercise is limited due to my disability. Having said that I was banded on 12/28/12. I have lost 34 lbs so far between pre-op and post-op. I have not found that proverbial "sweetspot" so many people talk about. I think I felt like I had a sweetspot while I was healing. I don't feel any restriction per se but just stop eating when I mentally feel I am eating too much.

My surgeon feels that considering my physical limitations that I'm doing well losing a pound per week. I'd love two pounds per week but as long as I have a persistent weight loss I'll take it.

Keep up your good work'

I feel like Im losing weight slowly than all the other stories Im reading. But I realize everyone is different. :(. Im working hard at the gym with my trainer, so I will tell her we need to beef it up.

What are your experiences?

Congrats on your loss! You are way ahead of the game, when you consider all the other posts you can read on here about how long it takes some to reach your level of weight loss. So many folks complain of "bandster hell" and the months and months they go through to reach where you are. Not that they are all complainers/whiners. Most are being truthful and real. So whats the difference???Sounds like you probably have a doctor that does fills using fluoro, considering that you are 7.2cc's at your second fill AND your doctor says you are "really restricted now". Its amazing how much difference getting to proper restriction makes in our journey. The number one factor, in my opinion. Continue exactly as you are doing, following up with your surgeon and exercising. You too, will be "so happy I can hardly describe it" before long! Best wishes on your continued success!! :)

@2 much fun, I work out 4 days a week. I guess its all about trial and error. @Bobbie its hard not to compare. I have to stay focused. I have a goal to reach, so Im on it. The doc just raised my restriction and I have a doc appt in a month. So we will see. I can see some results but I realize it takes time and stressing is not going to make the process go any faster. Thanks guys.

#Banded 2/5

I am losing much slower than you and I am very happy with my results. No one said it will come off fast. I also go to the gym 4-6 times a week. My measurements are going down and that makes me one very happy person.

:)Good luck.

Thanks guys. I decided to pick up a 6:30 am bootcamp class that my trainer offers. 15.00 so you cant beat that. This weeks totals aren't final, but I'm down 3 and yes I can definitely feel the restrictions. I go back for a check up in 1 month. . PS Here's something I use to help me reach my goal in addition to measuring every drop of food I put in my mouth and logging in on my chart. Yes, I am very serious.

http://health.rush.edu/healthinformation/graphics/pdf/en/19999.pdf