Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

sweet cravings!

I'm 15 days post op and I'm having a lot of sweet cravings. Pre op I used to be able to squash the cravings with a coffee latte drink but it's not working for me now!

Any ideas ?

Have you tried Choc pudding? Peanut Butter bust mine- love that stuff. Early on I would have cravings for cake or Cookies. To prevent benges I would go buy ONE of a favorites (1 cup cake, one cookie) and eat that one thing and that was it. Most of the time it would satisfy me and I would be fine. Then as I went along, it got so when I would get one of those it didn't even taste good- to sweet, made my belly hurt. So now I don't crave as much as I use to.

​SF Popsicles are good. I buy Edy's fruit ones and they are sweet and great. Also, are your Protein Shakes sweet? I once tried freezing mine, it wasn't the best but it was frozen like ice cream.

fruit. Anything sweet and low glycemic is better than high glycemic simple carbs. Cantaloupe, watermelon, apples, pears, blueberries, blackberries and I sometimes munch on Famous Dave's spicy pickle chips. I allow myself one Hershey's or Dove Bliss type dark chocolates in the evening.

tmf

like TMF, fruit quenches me...apple slices (add a smidge of Peanut Butter if you want) or my fave here at work is hot chocolate..works for me..

Thanks so much for the suggestions! I will definitely try freezing a chocolate Protein Shake. I will try fruit popsicles also. Just now I had leftover homemade fruit puree (I give my son some mixed in yogurt), it was strawberry &peach, I mixed a packet of stevia in and it was great!

I bought some dark chocolate covered pomegranate and blueberries that come in 100 calorie packets.dont eat every day but sometimes I just need a little chocolate fix.

Someone else posted this little sweet recipe. Sliced apples with cinammon nuked for a 15-20 seconds. I'll add a little sweetener to it after its nuked.

I liked the dark chocolate almonds; VERY low in sugar

When I have a sweet craving, I have a Calcium chew. You can order them from Amazon or get them from any drugstore. One small chew in caramel is enough for me and is low in calories.

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk