Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going All Liquids......

It's 4:30 am, having my morning coffee before heading out to the gym, and I realized the coffee is going down way too easy.....no feedback or gurgling which I always get first thing in the morning....

Then I think about this past weekend.....

It's been go..go..go...since Friday....more Beer than I usually drink, and a lot of snacking, plus we went out for a nice dinner twice......

I have not gained any weight, that does not happen anymore nor do I worry about that ever happening..... other than the same 5 lbs up and down that is normal for well over a year now.....as a matter of fact I am at the low point of hose 5 lbs this morning.....I'm used to that and it is normal......

What I do worry about is overall band health....possibilities of severe dilation or erosion...etc...

So, I decided to go all liquids starting now, for at least 2 full days....

I do this from time to time just for General Maintenance, and to give my band / pouch a rest....just in case there is any dilation, irritation, etc....and I do believe today is a good day to start that rest....

So, as soon as I finish my 2nd cup of coffee, have my Protein shot and Vitamins, I'm off to the gym...after which I will have a recovery shake...... and the beginning of a new week.....

Great way to start a new week! Best wishes. Karen

Yea, I pretty much looked at the couple of days after a fill as my reset time and I went back to liquids, but as the fills stop I think I will follow your example and set aside a couple of days a month just to give things a rest.

I know my doctor wants me off Protein shakes for just the Protein, but I do a couple of days myself of liquids to allow rest and cleansing of my system. My doctor is old school and wants me to eat my protein amounts not drink them. There is no way I can eat 60-70g of protein daily unless I use my Protein Shakes. He wants me to have a filled feeling all day. No grazing this way.

Maybe in 2-3 months I will hit the "100" plateau like some here on this forum. It has slowed down somewhat and I did has a lapse period of maybe too much grazing, so I upped my minutes each week in the exercise department which I hate to do. I'm just not an exercise person. I do lft weights with lots of reps or use my stretch bands every other day for muscle tone and tightening of skin.

Best wishes to all and have a great week.