Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Port pain after ab workout

It seems everyone I do a lot of an workouts that I can feel my port pulling. I know it's in the muscle but sometimes it can be very uncomfortable.. It's not a pain I feel all the time but I do notice when I try to get up. Sometimes on any given day and I'm sleeping on my left side and quickly move to my right I can feel the port pull. Anyone else feel this?

Yes- same problem. I was banded 2/7/13 - and I had this pulling feel and surface burning feel around the area of the port - during any - sitting/working out/walking - and especially during any time the my legs came up to my chest. When I finally went in for my fill on 3/12/13 - they told me my port moves a little -so I'm thinking this is the cause. I had to be poked 4 times for them to get the fill in - and I don't think all the saline went it b/c she had such a problem holding the port still - not really feeling the restriction. It's not so bad anymore - but some times if I pull the wrong way I can feel the pull.

That doesn't sound normal you should talk to your surgeon.

Sent from my iPhone using LapBand

I have been banded for 16 months, and have sensation of my port when I do abs intensive work. I am a regular at Pilates which is all core exercise. No problems.

i was very sore/tender for about a good month after surgery...it felt like pulling (i thought i tore something but dr assured me i did not).....its scar tissue forming..it will get better but if its very strenuous, it may cause discomfort...just be careful and if overly concerned, as the poster said, call your dr and let them advise you on this.

I everyone thanks for your posts. I spoke to my surgeon and he assured me that this is normal and I will probably feel it forever. I had a port revision oct 29 I assume most of the sat tissue is healing now but generally only feel this when I have an extensive ab workout!

Thanks for all your advise!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches