Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GREAT Protien and Sugar for us!!!!

I am sorry if these items have been mentioned before!!!!

My sister had RNY on 2-14-05 and lost 112 pounds in 8 mths. She is beyound goal, and lived by the RNY rules to the ultimate.

As banders, we have to consume Protien and not sugar just as they do.

These are items she turned me on too and I wanted to share them.

I am a VERY finicky eater. You won't believe how finicky. I can NOT stand the after taste in Splenda or other artificial sweetners.

The first item is: WheyLow Sugar. It is UNREAL.

http://wheylow.com/

The second is: AchievOne protien drinks. You like the Starbucks frap drinks in the glass jar you can get anywhere? These taste just like them!!!

http://store.bariatriceating.com/proteinpowders.html

The third item is: Beef Jerky - She said it is the most moist and tender that allows you to chew it and swollow it without the dry meat kind of problems we have to avoid.

http://store.bariatriceating.com/jhubeje.html

Like all items out there, some work for some, some not so much for others.

I am SOOOOO finicky. I have tried the protien drinks and can do them!!!!

I have tried the sugar and honestly am beyond amazed. My other sister who is not a RNY/LapBander is using the sugar and has already talked to the guy (his number is on the site) and he is in the works to getting a diet Coke on the market.

I am going to order the Beef Jerky today.

Has anyone else used any of these and can give feedback?

What great ideas. I was getting a little sick of my protien shake. Thank You.

Hi Seppi!

I just order two packages of the Jerky (kids and DH can eat it if I have an trouble) and I got the Wafer Cookies - they were only $2 and some change!!!! Whole order including shipping UPS was $32 !!!

Ordering the Sugar now, as I only have a cup f it my sister shared with me. Including shipping it was $18.97 for 2 lbs pouch. (we do not use a lot of sugar normally - got for making iced tea)

It is honestly amazing. One cup of WheyLow = One cup of refined granulated sugar. (They have Brown sugar too for baking!!!!)

My husband and I will never use refined granulated sugar again. The texture and taste is mind blowing!

It is made from cow's milk. Natural !!!!!

The frap (latte) drinks are good. I use them in my blender and make frozen frapps with ice.

Thanks for the info! I just order the Jerky and the AchievOne. I also ordered a trial of those little tube Protein shots. Has anyone else tried those?

:P Kristin

A man here in Houston, in a support group said the did the fruit Punch one and while it wasn't the best tasting thing he had ever had, it wasn't the worse, and within 3 to 4 swollows it was gone. AND 25 GRAMS of protien!!!

I am going to try the 4 pack trial size. Two of each flavor.

Thats just it, its hard to find Protein drinks that are low calorie. I drink WorldWide Pure Protein shakes (pre made, cans) from Trader Joe's. The vanilla is good, the chocolate doesn't do me lol.

The vanilla creme has:

21 gms Protein

2 gms net carbs (4 gms carbs)

100 calories

220 mg potassium

2 gms Fiber

And they taste great.

Net carbs mean.... you take the total carbs, minus the Fiber and thats your net carbs.

But remember the body can only absorb so much protein at one time (one meal/sitting). It really depends on the body, meaning a body builder with much more muscle mass can absorb more protein AT ONE SITTING than some one like me who sits at a desk all day. If your like me, 30 gms at one sitting should be the amount you would go for, not more. If you have a Protein Drink thats like Isopure and its 60 gms of protein, just drink it at two meals instead of 1 (divide it up).