Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When I had my EDG done, my surgeon said he could not tell if I had one or not and would know when he went in during surgery. That does not bother me, but what if I do have it? I've read a lot here, that insurance covers that procedure and make the cost of the band a lot less. For those of you who had a hiatal hernia and was covered by insurance, how did that work out for you? Price wise.

When I had my EDG done' date=' my surgeon said he could not tell if I had one or not and would know when he went in during surgery. That does not bother me, but what if I do have it? I've read a lot here, that insurance covers that procedure and make the cost of the band a lot less. For those of you who had a hiatal hernia and was covered by insurance, how did that work out for you? Price wise.[/quote']

My dr found a hernia when he did the egd an my insurance paid for that 100% I'm sure every clinic is different in prices but ill say with hernia repair it cut my cost in half, a huge differance in price . I'm really surprised they didn't find one with this test as this is the purpose of doing The egd. Good luck to you. What's your surgery date?

when i had my surgery, they repaired the hernia

i have no idea if (they charged my tricare ins or not)

i wish i had a better answer for you here..you can call your

insurance and ask them if you had to have a repair, what is the cost.

My dr found a hernia when he did the egd an my insurance paid for that 100% I'm sure every clinic is different in prices but ill say with hernia repair it cut my cost in half' date=' a huge differance in price . I'm really surprised they didn't find one with this test as this is the purpose of doing The egd. Good luck to you. What's your surgery date?[/quote']

Hi :) I've tried adding you, but this app does not let me for some reason :( I'll try my desk top when I have a little time :)

My surgery date is April 26..I'm excited!! More because I know ima do ok during the liquid diet lol I think because my stomach is used to growling a lot of the time. I don't eat like I'm supposed to, I usually eat one meal a day, when im working, and regular meals when off. I'm trying to lose a little weight before surgery, besides the weight I'm surely gonna lose during the liquid diet lol so I'm eating Breakfast when i get home now, ( just some oatmeal) i wouldn't eat before, I'm trying to eat a bit healthier, and I'm not eating out at all, except for subway sometimes and walking my dogs in the evenings. It's not much, but it's better than what I WAS doing. I weighed my self on Monday and weighed 300.5 lbs. I hope I lose at least 2 pounds, I'll be happy with that :)

when i had my surgery' date=' they repaired the hernia

i have no idea if (they charged my tricare ins or not)

i wish i had a better answer for you here..you can call your

insurance and ask them if you had to have a repair, what is the cost.[/quote']

If I do have it, I hope the price of the band procedure goes down, because my insurance only covers 50%. It would be a big help if what happened to countrygirl happens to me..Id like to save as much as possible!! I know once this is all done, my total price is probably gonna give me a heart attack ???³ but I know it's going to be worth it..

I had a known hernia but the extent on how big it was at surgery I din not know. My doctor repaired it and my insurance paid 100%. I guess the insurance companies save money when there is one surgery opening and two things are done. So, there's usually no squack form the insurances. My GERD is all gone.

Best wishes

If I do have it, I hope the price of the band procedure goes down, because my insurance only covers 50%. It would be a big help if what happened to countrygirl happens to me..Id like to save as much as possible!! I know once this is all done, my total price is probably gonna give me a heart attack 😳 but I know it's going to be worth it..

your health and your life is worth it.

i will think positive thoughts for you :)

I had one, not huge, but big enough. Mine was fixed when he placed the band. I do not believe they charged extra- just a few extra sutures. But hiatal hernias can greatly impact how you feel. If you have one FIX IT!!!! My mom just had hers fixed and she went from feeling like death to feeling great again.

My doc said he would not place a band if a patient had a Hiatal hernia and they told him he couldn't fix it. I signed a form before surgery that said if he found one, he could fix it. Glad mine is fixed!!!