Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid Stage Recipes

Here's a simple Soup that's perfect for the full liquid stage. I'm in the midst of making my second batch in the last 3 days (my family ate a bunch of it).

Easy Peasy Crockpot Cream of Potato Soup

1 bag of frozen hashbrowns (I use shredded)

1 box of chicken stock

1/2 c. finely chopped onion

1 t. garlic (I used refrigerated garlic paste)

2 c. of creamy liquid (half-n-half, milk, evap milk, your choice really)

Dump the potatoes, onion, garlic, and chicken broth in your crockpot. Set on low. I cooked mine about 5 hours.

Once the potatoes are soft, turn off the heat and add the milk/cream.

Using a stick blender, blend the soup until smooth.

Enjoy!

My family added cheese and crumbled bacon to theirs.

Amy

Dear Folks, My main complaint with many of the liquid stages recipes is the "bland factor". This V-8 based Soup has a little zing and sufficient flavor for my taste buds.

V-8 Soup w/ or w/o Ricotta cheese --Many 6 oz. servings or family dinner w additional stuff for the family

Ingredients

1- large can V8 vegetable juice

1 - whole vidalia onion chopped to flinders in blender (onion

fragments pinhead sized)

1 to 1 1/2 cups baby carrots chopped to flinders

1 table spoon of chopped garlic

1 cube/Tsp of Beef broth base

Worchestishire (sp?) Sauce to taster

Cilantro to taste

Siracha Sauce

Salt and pepper

Ricotta cheese if desired

Combine first five ingredients and bring to simmer. Simmer about 30 minutes or until veggie bits are very soft-mushy

Taste and season with Worchestishire sauce, Siracha and cilantro, salt and pepper or soup spices of your choice.

If you want to boost protein- pour hot soup over 1-2 Tsp of ricotta cheese and mix in cup/bowl

You can add any pureed veggie matter and simmer til mushiest. I have tried Mixed veggie (leftover from family meal) and finely chopped cabbage as well in this soup. Have fun and experiment with ingredients.

Hope you like it

Full liquids - Cream of Bean Soup

Make a pot of Beans (navy, split pea, pinto - whatever kind your like) season them as you normally would..

When the Beans are done scoop out with slotted spoon and put in a blender w/a little of the bean broth - puree - then add back to the bean broth - wahla - cream of bean soup.

I found that homemade food - tasted so much better than the canned stuff and more satisfing and you control the ingredents..

Are all of you using the Isopure 15x a day? i am supposed to take 2 oz, that many times. I'm sick of it.;)

What's the program you use that gives the nutrients?

What's the program you use that gives the nutrients?

Reading labels does - I have a scale that gives me that info too - got it at bed bath & beyond... I don't use web based food diary - but I think most of them do once you put what you ate in..

Cherry vanilla smoothie

1/2 cup of frozen cherries

1 cup 1% or Skim Milk

1/2 cup lowfat vanilla yogurt

1 scoop of Protein powder

Place in blender and PULSE until the consistency of a milkshake. Dollop with some fat free whip cream to make it pretty.

It has 27 grams of Protein and tastes incredible.

The frozen cherry smoothie sounds great. Are the cherry skins OK to eat or do you peel them first?

Thanks.

I drank the skins with no problems, but I did blend to a pretty thin consistency.

I'm one week post-op and wondering how I will ever get in 65 gr of Protein? I started full liquids today and 1/2 shake with 20 grams of protein, lasts me for 2 meals. In between, I drink Water, tea, and Isopure clear but still cannot see how I'll ever get 65 gr of protein. Does anyone have any suggestions?:thumbup:

I'm one week post-op and wondering how I will ever get in 65 gr of Protein? I started full liquids today and 1/2 shake with 20 grams of Protein, lasts me for 2 meals. In between, I drink Water, tea, and Isopure clear but still cannot see how I'll ever get 65 gr of protein. Does anyone have any suggestions?:)

I honestly don't think it can be done. I'm one week out and am just now trying to focus on healing my stomach... it hurts and is swollen so hopefully I'm doing the right thing. I find everything so filling (even liquids). Let me know how it's working out for you now.

3 pt shakes w/20 grsm of pt = 60 grms in a day.. Plus if you are using skim milk or yogurt that boost the pt more..

I also had some clear pt stuff I added to my Water - it's like crystal lite 15 grms pt ..

I got my 60 grms in - heck even a healthy choice fudgescicle has like 6 grms pt - sf pudding has 3 I think it's been a long time since I counted pt grms..

I'm one week post-op and wondering how I will ever get in 65 gr of Protein? I started full liquids today and 1/2 shake with 20 grams of protein, lasts me for 2 meals. In between, I drink Water, tea, and Isopure clear but still cannot see how I'll ever get 65 gr of protein. Does anyone have any suggestions?:)

I am also one week out and just this afternoon started full liquids. I wonder if it would work to add Protein Powder to your Protein Drink? I really really dont know...Im just asking. I use Any whey which does not have a flavor of it's own and can be used in baking and drinks. I have mixed it in Soups and pudding with success on the pre-op diet.

Hang in there! This is the time to heal.

hiddn