Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have my first fill a week from today. I will be 5 weeks post op tomorrow and am down 32 lbs since surgery. and 23 total inches...Makes me excited!! I am starting to feel myself getting hungry faster, but I am sticking to my 4 oz of food per meal and watching my calories. I average between 800 and 950 depending on what I eat and always at least 50g of Protein. My biggest issue is getting my fluids in. I have never been one to sit around and just drink. I have always been the type to drink more with my meal than any other time. Not drinking with meals isnt bothering me...I thought it would, but it doesnt at all. I do pretty good on some days and then other days I can tell I havent gotten enough Fluid in because I have zero amount of energy. Like today! I am dragging and I know its because I didnt get enough Water yesterday. I am saying all of this just because but I do have a question...Since I have lost more weight I feel like my port is above my incision now instead of below it like it was. Is that normal? It sounds like a stupid question, but you read all of the horror stories of slipped bands and flipped ports and I am like EEK!! If I go in next week and he says my band has slipped or my port has flipped I will probably lose it. I am unable to work out, only walking and I try to not lift anything too heavy because I dont want to mess anything up. I hope to get released to work out when I go back..but is it possible that from losing weight and inches in my stomach my port hasnt really moved, but my muscles have just gotten smaller or something? I am not TOO concerned because I am in no pain and everything seems to be working the same way it has been since surgery...just a little more hunger which comes with no fills and my stomach not being swollen. If I was in pain I would for sure call my doctor, I have him and his nurse's direct cell phone numbers...He is the type of doctor that will answer his phone during a surgery if he knows its a patient, so I know I can contact him, but Just wanted some other opinions from my fellow bandsters. I am at work so I am not even going to proofread..if it doesnt make sense then I'm sorry..My brain is kinda scattered today...I hope it makes a little sense :)

"I am not TOO concerned because I am in no pain and everything seems to be working the same way it has been since surgery...just a little more hunger which comes with no fills and my stomach not being swollen. If I was in pain I would for sure call my doctor,

"</p>Sounds like everything should be good to me. I've never heard of the port being flipped causing a slip with the band. Not sure how that could happen. I wouldn't worry about either of those at all. When you get to your doctor, discuss your current situation/concerns, and the two of you should decide if you need a fill. Don't expect magic with the first fill. Continue following his/her instructions and you will do just fine! :) </p>

My port felt higher than my incision after losing weight to. I am about 7 weeks post op and have had 2 fills. It seems higher when I stand up and lower when I lay down (weird I know). When the doctor did my fills he goes below my scar so I assume everything is just fine. Good luck to you! :-)

Yes after my first fill I noticed the needle mark was not directly on my port. I assume its because I was laying down during my fill. When I stood up it was lower. I think we all get paranoid about our ports. Now that I'm losing weight I can feel my port alot more.