Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post op 7 years anniversary

Started at 280 lbs. Lost 82 lbs. I regained 47 lbs after a year, then lost it by following Weight Watchers and walking usually 3 miles/day. I still feel restriction, but head hunger and the ability to overeat soft calorific foods makes it difficult. The good news is my weight has been stable for years. For the first time in my life, I don't have to buy new clothes every season. Don't get a lap band unless you're willing to do the work.

Words to live by!!! I'm flirting with the edge of the green zone and when I eat the right food everything works like it should... satisfied quickly and for several hours.

HOWEVER, if I eat junk food, which I did this weekend when we were entertaining, I found that chips, dips, Cookies, etc. (basically any high fat slider food) go down very easily and don't fill the pouch up. In other words, it was just like I'd never even had surgery!!!

The band just doesn't work at all with slider foods and anybody considering the band needs to know that!!

Thank you for being so honest. I'm waiting on insurance approval for my surgery and these forums are very helpful to prepare myself for what is to come. Congrats on your success!

I second the original post! 5 years post op for me and have regained 3/4 of the weight I lost. But on the upside...going back to doctor this Friday to discuss starting over. Calling it my Mulligan :)

Keep up the journey!

I look forward to those days when I'm maintaining my weight. Oh so close.

What most people forget is, that after you have been on a steady regiment of eating so little, your normal stomach shrinks!

Just like the band/pouch controls you standard portions, eating slider foods will make you feel stuffed very fast....still stopping you from overeating....the old fashioned way.....

I tried to eat a quart of Italian Ice the other week....no way...it actually started to hurt....a real old fashioned "Tummy Ache" No matter what, I just cannot eat the way I used to...like a pig!

No matter what...I now eat like a "Bird" ( my wife's description)

So, being banded works all around.....sliders or no....At least the is the way it is for me now.....

Other people have problems...I know....

I have noticed I'm the same way now B-52. Barely eat

Words to live by!!! I'm flirting with the edge of the green zone and when I eat the right food everything works like it should... satisfied quickly and for several hours.

HOWEVER' date=' if I eat junk food, which I did this weekend when we were entertaining, I found that chips, dips, Cookies, etc. (basically any high fat slider food) go down very easily and don't fill the pouch up. In other words, it was just like I'd never even had surgery!!!

The band just doesn't work at all with slider foods and anybody considering the band needs to know that!![/quote']

Sooooo true! I am super happy with my band, but have also noticed that I continue to struggle with food choices. Most days I manage to stick to the plan and I try to not dwell on the " bad" food choice days. I just try to make sure there are more good days than bad! I view my and as a tool that allows me to follow a diet and stick to it!! I could not do this before because of physical hunger on a low calorie diet. Head hunger is easier to say no to because you don't want to hurt yourself by overeating. You do have to work, but the payout is HUGE compared to what it is like to diet with no help from the band.

Congratulations on your weight loss and excellent maintence weight. Keeping it off is a part of the battle that gets discounted to easily. That is just about as difficult as losing it is! Keep up the good work.