Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PB's and sliming?

to me pb is spitting up actual food while slime is I ate just too much to make me "Slime" egg white type stuff but no food comes up. Sometimes a person who took one too many bites may "Slime" and then in a few min to an hour PB the food that is blocked up.

I am stuck right now....I just threw up a bunch of mucus (slime I guess) I am afraid to drink, afraid to move, ......just afraid. I read the deep breath post no relief....any other suggestions? HELP!

Try Papaya enzymes. They help me when I have food lodged/stuck to push it through your stoma at a much faster rate. It especially helps with meats for me. Unless you have too much food stuck, the enzymes will push the food down. If you have a big clog, then it will come back up. :help: You can get them at GNC or Vitamin World and they are relatively cheap and yummy. Hope this helps

~Liz~

banded 03/10/06

Dr.Ortiz

237/210/150

5'7''

Sorry I wasn't able to reply in time to help you out - I had my first PB a few days ago and the thing that helped most was walking really fast. The faster I walked the better I felt and within 50 yards my golfball went down past my band.

Thanks for the help....the funny thing is, I have no idea what got stuck, maybe I did not chew my Vitamin good (???????????)

I did not PB until I had my 2nd fill. Usually when I do it it's when I eat bread or beef(hamburger). I tried to eat a bite of bread yesterday at work and well, you guessed it (golfball). Crackers and Pasta bother me too. So guess what? I do not normally eat bread, Pasta and crackers. When I eat hamburger, I chew, chew, chew and then chew some more.

It is extremely painful to get something stuck, but in time I think that I will know what I can and can't eat. Also breading can cause me to get PB's as well. I take the breading off of my chicken strips now. Even though I have the slimes occassionally, my band was well worth it. I haven't regretted it at all!!! 62lbs gone so far, 38 more to go!!!

I was banded May22nd, last nite I was totally starving on this clear liquid diet so I gave into temptations and ate some ritz crackers well let me tell you, I felt like a golf ball was in my chest big time and felt real nausea but couldn't throw up so like a few minutes later some crackers just came up on its own like spitting up. Well I wont do that again!! These Clear liquids are so hard and I was wondering if you only have clear fluids shouldn't the weight lose be faster???

Surgery Date-215

Today-207.5

Actually the weight loss won't be faster your body needs food.< /p>

...IThese Clear liquids are so hard and I was wondering if you only have clear fluids shouldn't the weight lose be faster???

Surgery Date-215

Today-207.5

That's how it was for me. I was Clear Liquids for only two days and then liquids for 2 weeks. During those two weeks, I lost 9 lbs. Since going on soft food, I haven't lost any. But, haven't gained any either. This week, solid food. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a slight gain as I have no restriction. I need to make an appointment for a fill in late June.

My doctor isn't putting me on soft foods, he said clear fluids except the shakes, for 3 weeks then onto regular food as tolerated.

I asked about the soft foods he said thats a waste because it just slides threw the band. I guess every doctor is different. All I no I am celebrating just a little bit on June12th the day I can eat some real food!!!

Hey jersey girl where in jersey are you? I live there also.

Cheryl

May 22-215

June-4-203.5

Enjoy your real food. But be careful. Slide into it gently. My first golf ball was on scrambled eggs (was on the OK list, too). Was not on MY list of favorite things.

Actually I cheated one evening on crackers and experienced that golf ball and pb's wasn't very nice either so I will be careful, THANKS!!!

nhttp://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10731;66;0;0/c/-11.5/t/-75/k/b3ab/weight.pg