Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just had my surgery..

I just got back from Mexico, I had my surgery on tuesday the 18th....i'm three day out and i'm hungry...this has to work it was alot of money and i'm scared i'm going to do something wrong.

Can anyone help!

THanks

Congratulations Pepper. I am sure you will do fine.

Every time I need encouragement, I go look at the picture threead. There is a lot of inspiration there.

Pepper, the day that I had my surgery I woke up starving. I was banded on 4-04-06. I just had my 2 week pre-op on Wednesday and I was cleared for soft foods. Just hang in there, I know its hard but for the first two weeks your tummy is healing and needs time to adjust to the band. I had alot of swelling as I'm sure you do too and it will all be worth it when you can eat. Try to take your mind off your hunger by taking a short walk or reading a magazine. I assure you that it will all be worth it, just think, you did'nt come this far to fail now. Keep reading all the entries that people on this site have entered because there is alot of good information and encouragement.

hey pepper i just had my surgery on wednesday the 19th and for some reason i dont feel hungry, i sip Water all day and i feel fine but i keep myself occupied. i never really gave myself the oppurtunity to think about it. But then again im probably doin a little too much cuz i havent rested much either. Do you drink enough water? Maybe try drinkin more it makes me feel like i ate just with out the actual satisfaction of eating. Good Luck

I had my surgery on Jan 24th and I was hungry the day after. Once you get a fill you will feel better. And just because you feel hungry doesnt mean you can eat a lot. You will find out when you are aloud to eat solides that it wont take mych to fill you up. Good luck on your new journey. I love my band and im sure you will to. Jennifer

I had my surgery on 3/30 and was hungry after about 6 days post-op. It gets better when you move to a soft diet. If hunger continues to be a real problem for you, call the surgeon and see if you can advance a little earlier to a more substantial diet.

I feel NO restriction and that seems to be the trend for many people until they get their first fill. Good luck for a speedy recovery.

I was banded in Mexico the 13th and I still don't feel really hungry. My stomach hurts from the lack of food and/or gas moving around in there, but when I look at food it doesn't bother me much.

Hi Pepper!! Welcome to the LOOSERS SIDE !!!!

I was banded on Monday, April 17th.

Read my posts. I have whined and pouted and cussed and cried.

I am over it now. Do I get hungry? Oh Yeah! Not as much and not as strongly as when I first came home.

Sip those fluids, plan the meals you are going to get to eat in a few weeks, and WALK WALK WALK.

We are the source of the power behind this band. It started with us, it will end with us.

We can do this together! (Thank Goodness for this message board!)

Read thru the posts and the b4 and after pics. They help!

If you need to talk, I am here for you girl!!

-MelAnne

Hi Pepper,

Welcome to bandland! You're probably a little depressed - I know I was as I wondered what I had done and why?! The good news is if you follow your surgeons instructions to the letter and work your band it WILL work for you. Drink enough Water, that's the hardest part for me so far and it really makes a difference.

I had surgery on 3-7-06 and have lost right at 25 pounds. I'll be going for a fill in a couple of weeks - I probably should have had one already but I feel restriction and I don't really want to push it. It took me years to put this weight on and I plan to lose it slowly so I won't shock my body or my psyche.

You're going to do great. Keep us posted on how you're doing and let us support you!