Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery is Friday

Hello everyone, this is my first night on here and my surgery is scheduled Friday. I'm overjoyed and terrified all together, I'm ready to begin my new journey ,but fear consequences of going under the knife. I have two small children and they depend on me , but I have to keep reminding myself that I'm doing this for them, and I have to be healthy for them. I also fear the pain and recovery time, I've had two csec but I see that the pain can be worse than that...I also work and attend school, how will I juggle this? Is there anyone in the same boat or had a smooth recovery with minimum pain? I do know everyone is different but I still fear intense pain:-(

You are going to be fine! Your surgeon I am sure has done many lap bands and nothing is being cut on just added. ( : your emotions are normal, we have all had them. I am a nurse and went back to work in 10 days and have done just fine. As far as the pain goes its not bad, I'm sure your c/s was worse. Just remember to walk as soon as possible to break up the gas. Good luck!!! Very excited for u!!!

I had similiar fears of going "under the knife". The anestheoliogist told me that the risk of getting into an accident in our car every day is far greater than not coming out of anesthesia. I believed him...and it helped calm me.

I too did this for my children. The risks of being fat (illness, early death) far outweighed the risks of surgery. You will be great!

Congrats!

Congratulations and soon WE will be saying Skinny to You!

All the good things will stay with you longer when you are healthy. If you stay in your old world, your children may not have a mother very long. Yes, it is the shocking truth but real.

You are doing something for You and your family. Please stay the course and you will do just fine.

May God bless your journey and heal you quickly! Hugs

Thanks everyone...I apreciate the kind words and I have mustsrd up some courage and feek better....tomorrow is my day!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches