Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Soriano and bypass or sleeve?

Has anyone used Dr. Ian Soriano for weight loss surgery other than the band? I had my band done by Dr. Patel in 2009 and lost about 100 pounds. I felt amazing and was living the healthy life I wanted. Then we were blessed with another child! Around the same time Dr. Patel left the practice so I switched to Dr. Soriano. (I like him much better). Anyway, post baby #2 my band is just not working right. We've made adjustments several times and even when it is at my old "sweet spot" number I am not losing. It is now 9 months post baby and my ass is still the size of Texas. I am considering bypass or the sleeve but don't know if I qualify. I currently weigh 205 and am 5'6" tall. It sounds crazy but now that I know how much more full my life is at a healthier weight I can't imagine continuing in the unhealthy body I currently have. SO sad and looking for guidance.

You already have a tool implanted.... Why isn't it working? If you eat the proper portions, weigh and measure your food and stick to a low calorie diet ,....it should work. What is different?

I had a horrible stomach bug that caused violent vomiting, and things haven't been right since... pretty sure the band slipped and since I delayed going in it is worse. Doc thinks another surgery would work, so I am just checking to see anyone else's experience. Can't even keep fluids down, so clearly portions isn't the issue. How is it that an assumption of poor eating choices came into the equation? I know how to use the band for the tool it is. As previously stated, I lost 100 pounds before having my second son.

I didn't have a flu bug, and I was watching what I ate and was losing and still am. But one night I started coughing and couldn't stop for almost a half hour. I sometimes think this is when the band slipped, but I'm not sure. Anyway, doctor said it had to come out. No choice to a revision or a new band. He feels bypass would be better for me as he is fairly sure it would get my type II diabetes in check (wouldn't have to take any insulin or medication) along with my hypertension. I think there are times when we can do everything right and then "life happens" not our fault it just happens.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches