Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been reading from the forums for about 3 weeks and I have had a lot of my questions answered, I want to add that I love how supportive and straight forward most of you are.

I've waited to post any thing because I have been waiting to make sure that I would be able to get the band. My surgery date is April 5th, I'm self pay and this has been in the works for a while, my husband and I hate using credit or having payments so we've saved for this. I'm very excited my DH is very supportive I'm surprised i'm not more nervous.

I'm really looking forward to learning from all of you and you don't know it but you all have helped me already!

Welcome and good luck on your journey!

Welcome to our second home!!

Keep us posted on your progress :)

Welcome to our second home. This is where to come for support, and we accept limited amounts of whining as well! LOL. Best wishes and congrats on getting your date!

Congrats on a surgery date!! I too am self pay. Ive had a few moments where I questioned spending such a large amount of money...even had some feelings of guilt. THEN, a fellow bandster/co worker said to me "you will be making payments on something for the rest of your life. Consider this a payment on yourself"...those few words have been PRICELESS in my journey. It is time to do something for ME!

Hoping to get my date in the next week :) Good luck to you!!

Thanks you guys! support already, luv it :) . Brock1021 I know what you mean about spending all this money on yourself for me it was cruise to Alaska or this, my husband loves Alaska and it was hard to even ask for it, not because i was afraid of him saying no but because i knew he wouldn't. But I think that my whole family will benefit from this down the road, when I think of all the things that my kids and husband want to do that i shy away from because of my weight, it makes me sad. I'm doing this for myself but I'm admitting my problem and need for help partly for them too.

Ditto! I exclude myself from a lot. I Always say no to group trips to the beach because God forbid I have to be in a swimsuit around people I know. My son plays tball an I dread every game because I'm just so uncomfortable in my own skin. I just recently turned down a girls weekend at the beach with my coworkers...I want to go so bad, but I just sit home and have a pitty party instead. Uuugggh!! And THIS is why money isn't an issue for me. It will pay for itself when I can enjoy life again!