Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can i loose without excerising

I eat 1000 cal a Day. i am between 3 to 4 weeks post op. I mostly stick to my portions. I don't exercise. Since 2 weeks I am stuck on the same weight. I work 10 hour days at a sitting job. How many calories should I burn to start the weight loss again. My first fill is in early April. Instead of loosing I increased one pound today. I am soo mad and upset at myself .

yes you can lose without exercising, I'm down 60 lbs but it has taken me 9 months and I say that sadly because I haven't been able to exercise during my journey for health reasons. I'm just getting to the point to where I am able to walk outside for some activity and take it from me, you need to exercise, the weight will come off quicker, you tone your body (I have loose skin) and you need to introduce this part of activity into your new lifestyle. I can't wait till I'm 100% and can join a health club and workout. My arms are grossly flabby, my inner thighs are flabby, you don't want that. I carried my weight in my rear and legs and some in my stomach and yes my arms have always been big so I have to live with the flab, I can thank my grandmother for that one. Get into the gym girl! You can do it. As far as the weight gain, it's normal at first until you get your fills and start feeling restriction but try and limit your intake to 1 cup of food at each meal.

As Donna said yes you can loose with no exercise but you will have to be extremely strict with portion/ calories (depending which one you use), also with no exercise weightloss will be slower. Exercise is also a great boost to your metabolism and overall well being.

If you can start of with ten minutes of walking and eventually build it up. Also if you exercise you build muscle and that muscle is great for burning fat. I only walk, an hour a day, longer on weekends and I find that for whatever reason If haven't been able to walk my loss slows right down.

Also keep in mind if you do some form of exercise once all that fat melts away you'll have some nice toning once you're at goal.

I think that if you are able to exercise than you need to. The band is not a miracle cure that is a one stop fix all, you need to put in effort in order to get results. I have lost 92 lbs in a little over 4 months because of very strict portions and a lot of exercise. You get out of it what you put in, please don't rely on the band to do all the work because it won't and you will be sadly disappointed if you think it will. Good luck

i sit at a desk all day long also...am i really a pencil pusher?? i guess i am.

anyhow, when i had my surgery, i could hardly walk. i waddled more like it....but my legs/knees hurt bad and i couldnt stand more than 5 min without me having to sit down...so here i am 9 months later, just now up to walking about 2 blocks and i am here to say, you can lose without exercising..that being said...because i cant do (as much) i make sure i do not take in more calories than i can burn off......those excess calories will make me gain or not lose.

just do what you can with what you have/can.

Yes, as said, you can loose without exercise. It's a matter of burning more calories than you take in. However, as also said, you will loose faster if you exercise. If you are able to, please do it. You can start out slow, and gradually increase your duration/intensity. Believe it or not, you will come to like it and miss it if you can't do it. There are also so many benefits to exercise besides weight loss. You will lower blood pressure, increase metabolism (so you burn more calories all day long), help your body deal with blood sugar and cholesteral more effectively. Just do it girl!

Talk to your doctor and NUT!! My weight loss stalled out and I wasn't losing a thing. I talked to my doctor showed her what I was eating and how many calories I was burning a day (I have a fitbit that calculates that) and she told me I wasn't getting in enough calories. She advised me to increase my Protein calories. That did it. I have dropped 2 lbs since then.

Sadly, I'm physically disabled due to two strokes and severe osteoarthritis. My surgery was on 12/28/13. I lost 33 lbs without exercise. Now, my weight loss has stalled and I'm not losing anymore. I want desperately to exercise but the pain in my knees is so severe that I can't bear weight on my left leg yet. I try to do upper body exercises while sitting. I try leg exercises while lying in bed.

I'm hoping as more weight comes off I'll be able to do more exercise.

As it stands now, it's going to be a very long hard journey in the weight loss battle.

In theory, you can lose weight without exercise but it will take a lot longer! Also, the flabby thigh and arm syndrome are a surety if you don't exercise. Even with exercise there will be loose skin.

I need to lose 100 lbs. And hopefully I will be able to see a light at the end of the tunnel and I'll be able to walk better and exercise more. Good luck everyone!

Hi baba. So to start calories act like this calories in - calories burned = weight loss

3500cals = one pound

So if you everyday eat 1500cal - 2000burned= deficit of -500cals.

If for one week you keep up this deficit u will have -500 x 7 = -3500 thats one pound lost.

So remember to track everything. And remember

GYM... Get Yourbody Moving. :)

The numbers dont lie. It will happen

Best of luck to u

It's not only about losing weight...it has a lot to do whith skin and muscle tone....

I am 100 lbs down and I do not have the excess skin hanging as some people talk about....

Also, even though I stopped loosing weight over a year ago, I still dropped 2 more clothing sizes......

It does shape-tone your body.....putting on those finishing touches.....

I also believe you need to burn more calories ( more the better) than you consume to burn fat and loose weight.

If you aren't already running to the gym after all the encouragement, here's one more little thing. Working out will decrease your appetite- at least it does mine. I notice on days I don't do cardio I am significantly more hungry. Let us know how you are doing.