Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am becoming obsessed with my weight

My weight keeps going up and down the same three pounds day after day. I'm filling out my fitness pal. I'm eating healthy. Nothing is moving. I am five weeks post op. how do people lose so much weight post op?

I had surgery feb 8th. Lost seven the first week and now I haven't had any losses

I'm sure a big part of it is your body trying to both recover from surgery and adjust to the drastically changed daily diet.

Perhaps a visit with your nutritionist can ease your mind?

If you're counting calories and eating healthy, the weight WILL come off. I know that probably doesn't make you feel much better right now, but it will. Sometimes the body can be really stubborn about letting it go though.

Keep doing what you're doing and the scale will start moving- and I'm guessing sooner than later.

I'm sure a big part of it is your body trying to both recover from surgery and adjust to the drastically changed daily diet.

Perhaps a visit with your nutritionist can ease your mind?

If you're counting calories and eating healthy, the weight WILL come off. I know that probably doesn't make you feel much better right now, but it will. Sometimes the body can be really stubborn about letting it go though.

Keep doing what you're doing and the scale will start moving- and I'm guessing sooner than later.

My body always has a hard time recovering from any surgery. I'm starving. It has to start working soon

About how many calories a day are you eating? Are you getting enough Protein?

I'm eating 1200 calories a day and definitely getting enough Protein

I'm eating 1200 calories a day and definitely getting enough Protein

Yeah then by basic math, honestly, the weight has to start coming off. It's only a matter of time.

Are you measuring your inches? Like your waist, hips, thighs, arms, etc? I have a strong hunch you have likely already dropped inches despite the scale being difficult.

Yeah then by basic math' date=' honestly, the weight has to start coming off. It's only a matter of time.

Are you measuring your inches? Like your waist, hips, thighs, arms, etc? I have a strong hunch you have likely already dropped inches despite the scale being difficult.[/quote']

I hope you are right. No I haven't been measuring inches. I know basic math tells me I can't gain weight. It is very confusing.

I lost 12 pounds the first 2 post-op weeks and then nothing. I got my first fill last week and the scale is going down again. Your body is probably adjusting to the new you. I think we are all harder on ourselves than we should be. Just follow your surgeons instructions and you will get there!

I'm like Mommycat, I lost 12 lbs the first two weeks and then nothing for the next 3.5 months. I didn't start losing till my 4th fill. Most of the people who lose 30-40 lbs the first 6 weeks are overweight by 150-200 lbs and may only be 5' 4" tall. And most of the weight they lose is stored fluids.

I too was starving so I ate a lot of healthy food so I didn't feel deprived. You will have to have a few fills before you get out of bandster hell. It's a difficult time but try to maintain as much as you can. Stay away from sugars, fat and processed flours.

What you are going through is normal for someone your height and weight.

tmf

I'm like Mommycat, I lost 12 lbs the first two weeks and then nothing for the next 3.5 months. I didn't start losing till my 4th fill. Most of the people who lose 30-40 lbs the first 6 weeks are overweight by 150-200 lbs and may only be 5' 4" tall. And most of the weight they lose is stored fluids.

I too was starving so I ate a lot of healthy food so I didn't feel deprived. You will have to have a few fills before you get out of bandster hell. It's a difficult time but try to maintain as much as you can. Stay away from sugars, fat and processed flours.

What you are going through is normal for someone your height and weight.

tmf

Omg 3.5 months. I would be really discourage. So you really think the weight I need to lose has something to do with my slower loss?

just because that pesky scale is not moving, does not mean you are not losing

i bet you are and you dont realize it.

if you are doing your Protein and not eating more calories than you burn off, i am sure

you are doing well.....because the scale has so many variances, i bet if you started doing how much in inches you are losing, you will see there is nothing to obsess over.

Omg 3.5 months. I would be really discourage. So you really think the weight I need to lose has something to do with my slower loss?

No, I didn't understand this comment? I think that you may be exercising and muscle may be replacing fat? You may never lose large amounts of weight due to the fact you're not that overweight to begin with. If you weighed 350 lbs you might lose 40 lbs the first month.

No, I didn't understand this comment? I think that you may be exercising and muscle may be replacing fat? You may never lose large amounts of weight due to the fact you're not that overweight to begin with. If you weighed 350 lbs you might lose 40 lbs the first month.

I just started exercising yesterday. I had to wait four weeks. I thought you said it took you 3.5 months to lose anything. I may have misread